Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

prosport boost gauge intallion, need help!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation prosport boost gauge intallion, need help!

So i just recieved my prosport amber/white boost gauge and when i went to check the instructions, all it said was connect black wire to ground, red to ACC, and orange to ACC. The ground i get, but were do I split in to the ACC, how do i get to it. I dont even know how to remove my steering column. I would really love it if some one could help me step by step, not just tell me were the wires go. Thanks for the help in advance!!!!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:56 AM
Account Disabled

ok i could give you a run down but if you want a step by step its going take a while might be better if i go over it by phone

Last edited by streetvision; Jul 29, 2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 01:40 AM
Account Disabled

here is a quick rundown on it:
Red-12 Volt Constant=Battery(must be constant or wont save settings)
Black-Chassis Ground
White-12 Volt Acc=Cigarette Lighter(power to gauge when car is on)
Amber-12 Volt Acc=Dash Panel Dimmer Switch Light or anything that gets 12 volts when lights are on(will turn the gauge amber when lights are on)

like i said if you need more info pm me

Last edited by streetvision; Jul 29, 2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 07:56 AM

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by streetvision
here is a quick rundown on it:
Red-12 Volt Constant=Battery(must be constant or wont save settings)
Black-Chassis Ground
White-12 Volt Acc=Cigarette Lighter(power to gauge when car is on)
Amber-12 Volt Acc=Dash Panel Dimmer Switch Light or anything that gets 12 volts when lights are on(will turn the gauge amber when lights are on)

like i said if you need more info pm me
Are you seriouse?!? Why can't you just split a good 12v source and connect Red,White,Amber!? That's nuts splitting wire everywhere, more or a chance for things to go wrong. Is this possible
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:53 PM

Red I understand, needs constant power but white and amber can be combined right?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:44 PM

This is how I wired mine...I didn't want the white to come on at all so I just wired up the amber to the 12v ACC. There are threads on how to do this and where to wire everything up. The white and amber can't be combined because you either use one or the other. If you want the gauge to always be amber just connect that wire to an ACC, vice versa for if you just want white. If you want both wire them the way streetvision suggested so the gauge is white until you turn the lights on then it changes to amber. If you cant find the thread i'm talking about I can go out and look under my dash to see what color wire I hooked mine up to.

edit: wow didn't realize this thread was almost a month old lol
Old Jan 9, 2010, 02:07 PM

Just to add to the confusion, I wired my Prosport red and white wires together to the hot wire at the cig lighter and the amber wire to the light at the lighter socket. Now, about one in 10 times, the gauge stays lit white instead of turning to amber despite having the lights on. If I shut off the car (key to "OFF") then restart and turn the lights back on, the gauge goes to amber from white. I guess the red wire must "see" 12 volts all the time for this to never happen. The only reason I wired it like this is that it worked perfectly when I tested it before running the wiring. At some point when I'm under the dash again I'll probably wire the red to a constant 12V but it's really a very minor annoyance right now.

Drive safe!
Franc
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:41 PM

So from what I understand red must be hooked up to a 12 volt constant (like the yellow wire on the radio wire harness) and the amber or white wire (which ever color you prefer to stay constant, headlights on or off) can be hooked up to a 12 volt switched power (like the red wire on the radio harness). Is my thinking right, because as of now I have both the red and white wire connected to the red 12 volt switched power on the radio harness (FYI i only want the whites on all the time)?