Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Seat issues.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat issues.

Hey guys, kinda new here, and I'm hoping this is the right section. I have an issue with my recaro seats I recently picked up. my driver's seat's right lumbar bolster is loose and doesn't hug my like the left side does, is this normal? I don't think so because the plastice backing moves with it. I was wondering if there were steps to fix it, like maybe a loose screw. I just want to know what I'm getting myself into before I open them up. thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:14 AM

I am having the same problem. It seems to be something loose. Anyone have any idea?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:40 AM

Mine has the same issue. One day I was leaning towards the back seat to grab something and I heard something break. Now my right lumbar moves back and forth. It sounded like something inside broke. I'd love to find pictures of one of those seats torn apart.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 10:10 PM

Same here, hopefully someone can help out.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 12:04 AM

I also have the same issue on my driver's side recaro......
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

This issue just happened to me. I'm digging through the threads for some answers.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow are these seats that fragile haha im interested in seeing what is causing this in case it happens to me
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:39 PM

Thumbs up

ok so i decided to investigate the issue with my seat. my drivers side right lumbar support was really flimsy and loose no support. So i started by taking out my seat from the car. the along the back side of the seat. were the fabric and the plastic backing meet. I took a flat head screw driver and popped out the rubber inserts that keep the fabric in place. working my way up i got about half the the fabric peeled back.

After that i was able to see into the lumbar support and see what the problem was. What happened is there is a plastic piece that held the lumbar support stiff. and im assuming from a lot of pressure like turning in the seat to get the the back seat it broke that plastic support piece allowing it to move freely for no support.

So what i decided to do is go down to my local schmucks and i bought some plastic weld . there is a bolt holding the broken plastic piece in place. keep it there. or you will have a hard time welding it back together. i put about 4 coats of this plastic weld on. THICK!!!

I sadly didnt take any picture's of the problem and im sorry. i regret not taking any. But after about 5 hours of drying the seat is stable enough to put back together. you just have put it back together the way you took it apart.

it's now the 2nd day after i did my seat and my right side lumbar support is just like new!!! very strong and i havent had a problem yet.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:26 PM

thank you for shedding some light on this situation. i had the same problem in my car. it doesn't bother me enough to go through the hassle though. thanks
Old Apr 28, 2009, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

this just happened to me on the right hand side of the driver seat down near the bottom there is a circular piece of plastic on the outside that can turn. is the larger part that piece sits in no longer connected to the part underneath it like the other seat for you guys? if that makes sense lol
Old May 4, 2009, 06:35 AM

I am not sure exactly what the problem is or what the fix is. Someone needs to post some pictures of the solution/fix.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

lol yeah i hope that never happens to me although I do have to say that my driver side seat by the adjustments, the plastic clip keeps coming off the attachment clip. I dont know if that makes sense but Im sure some of you guys have experienced it. Nothing serious but just annoying as hell!!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:20 AM
iy
Evolving Member

Annoying, but has anyone dealt with this? I took the seat apart and could clearly see where the plastic had separated. But I couldn't get any glue to bond there. What did you guys use? I tried epoxy and plasticweld, the former didn't bond to the plastic of the shell while the latter just didn't seem to hold.

I'm thinking about making some kind of bracket, to make this easier. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boostme
ok so i decided to investigate the issue with my seat. my drivers side right lumbar support was really flimsy and loose no support. So i started by taking out my seat from the car. the along the back side of the seat. were the fabric and the plastic backing meet. I took a flat head screw driver and popped out the rubber inserts that keep the fabric in place. working my way up i got about half the the fabric peeled back.

After that i was able to see into the lumbar support and see what the problem was. What happened is there is a plastic piece that held the lumbar support stiff. and im assuming from a lot of pressure like turning in the seat to get the the back seat it broke that plastic support piece allowing it to move freely for no support.

So what i decided to do is go down to my local schmucks and i bought some plastic weld . there is a bolt holding the broken plastic piece in place. keep it there. or you will have a hard time welding it back together. i put about 4 coats of this plastic weld on. THICK!!!

I sadly didnt take any picture's of the problem and im sorry. i regret not taking any. But after about 5 hours of drying the seat is stable enough to put back together. you just have put it back together the way you took it apart.

it's now the 2nd day after i did my seat and my right side lumbar support is just like new!!! very strong and i havent had a problem yet.
So I have this same issue. Where is "the bolt holding the broken plastic piece in place." All I can see is 2 plastic clips that clip in a forward direction. I'm assuming this is the problem? Anyone have some sugestions or pictures would be great.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 05:07 PM

Bumping this up as well. I'm having the same issues in same spot. Here is a nice list of parts for our seats with photos of them...could someone advise if any of these parts are the offending bits? I'd like to replace rather than repair. Site is from U.K. but Mitsu or Recaro dealers here should have the same stuff. Thanks in advance for you help!

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/prod...e&rid=61&mid=2

Quick Reply: Seat issues.