Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Boost gauge install problems

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost gauge install problems

I am new to evos but not cars, I have installed a mechanical boost gauge on my DSM. I am in the middle of installing the 52mm red racer gauge following the how-to on the forum. Problem is I have a SSL package and in the how-to thread the dimmer switch is located with the height adjustment for the head lights. On my car the dimmer is at a seperate location. So from my understanding from the Power supply wires that comes with the gauge, I am only supposed to splice into the Green wire with white stripe from dimmer switch using the White wire that comes with the gauge. Is that correct? Or do I have to use the orange and red wires too? If so where do they go? I am also having problems finding a good ground which is the black wire. I tried splicing it and wrapping it around a bolt that goes to metal to test it and still nothing. If I am correct when I turn on the car if everything works except ground would it still read in VAC? Sorry for long post but getting frustrated.

thanks
Old Sep 8, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Well if its a mecahanical guage if you hook the boost line to it then it will read both. If its an electrical guage you are going to need power,ground and illumination. Green/white is the illumination wire at the radio harness in the evo the guage will light up when you turn the lights on if you hook it up to that wire. Are you looking to have them dim like the factory lights? If im not mistaken I believe defi uses LED's if that is the case I would not reccomend hooking that up to a dimmer.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

well,if the instructions that came with your gauge says that white is a power line,then yes,you splice into that white whire with green stripe.ground is simple to find.make sure its a metal piece not plastic.i've made that mistake.take a pic to which bolt you wrapped around