Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Adjust jdm headlights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know how to adjust the HID head lights on an SSL packaged Evo with the manual adjusting on the inside. I have them set all the way up but I'm assuming because my car is lowered the cut off points much lower than it should.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FenixTX717
Anyone know how to adjust the HID head lights on an SSL packaged Evo with the manual adjusting on the inside. I have them set all the way up but I'm assuming because my car is lowered the cut off points much lower than it should.
If its usdm, there is a thread you can try.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Let me help you on this. This is only for JDM headlights. USDM is slightly different from this.

Red circle : adjust low beam up and down. You need to get right size philips screwdriver and put it into the hole where red circle is and turn clockwise or counterwise.

Yellow circle : adjust low beam side to side.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

^ yey!!! Awesome!!! Thanks!!!!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryuartz
Let me help you on this. This is only for JDM headlights. USDM is slightly different from this.

Red circle : adjust low beam up and down. You need to get right size philips screwdriver and put it into the hole where red circle is and turn clockwise or counterwise.

So does anyone know how to do the USDM ones? I've searched and can't find any info on this.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FenixTX717
So does anyone know how to do the USDM ones? I've searched and can't find any info on this.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-leveling.html

Maybe this will help a little?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chef-j

Thank you! Hopefully I can check this out tomorrow during the day with light!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
So I searched and searched for this same exact thing and no matter what I saw I didnt find to work and incorrect. JDM and USDM are different but if you have JDM headlights its super simple and once I figured it out took me probably under 1 minute for both headlights.

All you need is a philips head screw driver, you'll see right by the level motor a black opening, insert the screw driver in that hole (make sure its about the same size as the hole not too small or this doesnt work) and I turned the screw driving thinking it wasnt doing anything an shocked it was raising them. Like I said took me about 1 minute for both (after 30 min of doing everything else everyone was saying). I put them all the way down first so I could raise them up with the switch for driving at higher speeds.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/img3604.jpg/

So if you look at this image, right by the leveling motor you can see to the right of the plastic "grey" connector you see a hole about the size of a screw driver. Insert screw driver in there and turn a few seconds later you'll be done.

Last edited by Evo11V; Feb 15, 2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:39 AM

does anyone have pictures on adjusting the low beam and also how to do the Fog lights. They are JDM lights
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
I explained this on the post above yours and there is a link that has a picture of what I was talking about.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question, I see where you at just the low beams for a jdm headlight but what about the high beams? My problem is that my high beams are shiny waaay to high but low beams are good. PS I did not install these bought the car with them in.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chef-j
good info...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 237 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryuartz

Originally Posted by Evo11V
So I searched and searched for this same exact thing and no matter what I saw I didnt find to work and incorrect. JDM and USDM are different but if you have JDM headlights its super simple and once I figured it out took me probably under 1 minute for both headlights.

All you need is a philips head screw driver, you'll see right by the level motor a black opening, insert the screw driver in that hole (make sure its about the same size as the hole not too small or this doesnt work) and I turned the screw driving thinking it wasnt doing anything an shocked it was raising them. Like I said took me about 1 minute for both (after 30 min of doing everything else everyone was saying). I put them all the way down first so I could raise them up with the switch for driving at higher speeds.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/img3604.jpg/

So if you look at this image, right by the leveling motor you can see to the right of the plastic "grey" connector you see a hole about the size of a screw driver. Insert screw driver in there and turn a few seconds later you'll be done.
thanks for the info guys - clockwise raise, counter, lower?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

bumping this - is it normal to only have a very small range of turn? mine is only going maybe 10 degrees max before stopping - do I need to force it or is that all there is? gotta imagine there's more than that..

also, clockwise raise or lower? i'm asking now cuz the headlights are off the car. They actually have a bit that sticks out that i can turn by hand.

please help!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

all right guys - I've got the gear turning but no change in the height - it seems like it wants to but it actually doesn't - any help here?