Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Install A-pilla gauges or..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install A-pilla gauges or..

I was trying to see how you install 3 gauges into an A-pillar mount. I have a Boost, AEM wideband, A/F, and i suppose volt?? But also if anyone could give me an estimate for how much it usually costs for people to install these gauges, and if you could install it for me if your around the riverside/temecula area. thank you
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

I went with just boost and volt meter. I also mounted the dual steering pod on top of my steering wheel column. Depending on the brand will determine your price. The steering pod cost me $134 from Rexspeed.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:45 PM

Well i have the pillar and the gauges, im just looking for how much shops or people usually charge to install that. i Plan on having a boost,volt, and AEM w/b, installed. Any prices?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 03:38 PM

when my friend got his installed in town it cost him 130
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:07 PM

130's not bad, but imma say screw it ill install them myself lol how hard could it be? im not a retard lol
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:54 PM

If youre mechanically inclined, installing gauges isnt that hard, but most shops will charge about 75-100 dollars.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

DIY.

I installed AEM Digital Boost, OP, A/F Uego WB using the Lancershop A Pillar mount that goes over the stock plastic. Here it is:

As for the install here is what I did.
- i found a couple how to in the How To Section. Use those as a resource.
- AEM wires were too short so i had to extend them because I used the firewall in the passenger side
- as for the sensors, i had a shop install the bung for the A/F Uego WB on the downpipe. I paid $80 for that.
- for powersource, I used a Fuse Tap and replaced it to the Cruise Control slot in the fuse box.
- i could say it was a weekend project. it was my first time doing it too so yeah.
- another tip - i would use the a pillar that actually replaces the stock one because the wires behind the gauges get bulky.

i hope this helps op. have fun!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

The gauges you want is very easy to install. I installed my gauges by myself. Just takes a lot of time. You gonna have to drill into the downpipe for the a/f gauge though. $75-100/hr is what the shops in my area charge, estimating turnaround time is 3-4 hrs.

Originally Posted by 8-BallEvo
I was trying to see how you install 3 gauges into an A-pillar mount. I have a Boost, AEM wideband, A/F, and i suppose volt?? But also if anyone could give me an estimate for how much it usually costs for people to install these gauges, and if you could install it for me if your around the riverside/temecula area. thank you
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:48 AM

The volt and boost seem easy enough, but the one question I can't figure out is WTF is the plug for
on the aem wideband? It came with a bung and a super long cord that splices off into 2 things: one is 2 wires yellow and red and two is a plug???
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to step into ur post, but im also installing boost, oil temp, and volt gauges on my MR
need help with the oil temp gauge, can i use the same wires that came with the MR on my new gauge?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bizo2
sorry to step into ur post, but im also installing boost, oil temp, and volt gauges on my mr
need help with the oil temp gauge, can i use the same wires that came with the mr on my new gauge?
+1
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bizo2
sorry to step into ur post, but im also installing boost, oil temp, and volt gauges on my MR
need help with the oil temp gauge, can i use the same wires that came with the MR on my new gauge?
Assuming that they have the same connections on the MR gauges as your aftermarket ones, this should not be a problem.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:56 PM

yea i paid 200 for pilliar isntall, 2 gauges hooked up and retune for larger boost