Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

License plate holder with Demonwerkz

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Nov 30, 2010, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evotechnik
The plate holder looks bent... it could have been bent during shipping. You can actually bend it by hand by pulling it slowly to the front.
Originally Posted by JDavenport
Turns out the tab the plate bolts to was bent in shipping. It's very mallable steel and just a little bending and the plate sat nicely outside the bumper cover.
Yep.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 06:07 PM

Glad I found this thread! Very helpful for the install it was pretty much strait forward.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:59 PM

Old Jun 3, 2011, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Figured I'd bump this back up but I just picked up the demonwerkz rear crash beam and did the install yesterday. Unfortunately I was running out of day light so I didn't get photos of the install. The crash beam was horrible as far as fitment goes. One of the holes was 1/4 inch off for the light mounting points (luckily I has self tappers) and the hardware supplied had such a tight fit when trying to tighten the crash beam in I had to use my own hardware. No instructions came with the unit either which if you want to use the plate lights its a bit confusing as to how it comes together.

Overall it took about 2 hours after dremeling and fiddling with the part to get it to fit and another hour to get the JDM bumper rivetted and together. I suggest you purchase new hardware and new bumper support frame rails (only like 100$ for all three pieces from the dealer, beats drilling the old ones out and dealing with rusted parts).

I ordered my crash beam from driveline, it took a little over 2 weeks to arrive from the otherside of the country. Great customer service and the product shipped that day via ground shipping.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 08:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
I ordered my crash beam from driveline, it took a little over 2 weeks to arrive from the otherside of the country. Great customer service and the product shipped that day via ground shipping.
Thanks!!!! We have a new shipment arriving next week
Old Jun 4, 2011, 12:22 AM

Bruce,

Please send me an email to demonwerkztony@gmail.com I want to make sure our customers are happy. I want to replace your beam with a new one that doesnt have any issues.

Thanks,

Tony
Old Jun 4, 2011, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have email
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:22 PM

So how do you mount the license plate lights?

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Figured I'd bump this back up but I just picked up the demonwerkz rear crash beam and did the install yesterday. Unfortunately I was running out of day light so I didn't get photos of the install. The crash beam was horrible as far as fitment goes. One of the holes was 1/4 inch off for the light mounting points (luckily I has self tappers) and the hardware supplied had such a tight fit when trying to tighten the crash beam in I had to use my own hardware. No instructions came with the unit either which if you want to use the plate lights its a bit confusing as to how it comes together.

Overall it took about 2 hours after dremeling and fiddling with the part to get it to fit and another hour to get the JDM bumper rivetted and together. I suggest you purchase new hardware and new bumper support frame rails (only like 100$ for all three pieces from the dealer, beats drilling the old ones out and dealing with rusted parts).

Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:58 AM

Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:02 PM

Cool!
Old May 4, 2012, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by evotechnik

here's what it looks like in practice
Attached Thumbnails License plate holder with Demonwerkz-img_0527.jpg  
Old May 4, 2012, 09:26 AM

for those that are installing the demonwerkz crash beam, you need to remove the middle component of the metal bracket connected to the bumper for things to fit.

as per the post above, the crash beam replaces the need for the license plate holder but there is no replacement for the 4 studs that hold the middle of the bumper on. it may be possible to cut the bracket support from the bottom of it and still have everything fit, but no guarantees.

here's a picture of the part you need to take out.

big thanks to tony and bernard at demonwerkz who picked up the phone at 6:30pm last night to help me out with this.

i'll post the install guide that tony has when he sends it to me.
Attached Thumbnails License plate holder with Demonwerkz-img_0523.jpg  
Old May 9, 2012, 10:24 AM

Great threaf thanks. Im going to order one with my jdm rear bumper. Appreciate it.