Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Radiator Support

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Radiator Support

Does anyone know the link to the evo service manual that has the dimensions and measurements for spot welding a radiator support?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to repair cars (did it for almost 2 years) and there is not a specific amount or so far apart from each other spec sheet. All that is required is to place holes and welds accordingly so that the two pieces (ex. frame rail to core support or inner fender panel to core support) does not move or flex when pulling them apart. (And you can never have too much) And most importantly make sure its SQUARE so that everything fits straight ahead or whatever so your front end doesnt look like its always turning if that makes any sense
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by prockish_03evo
I used to repair cars (did it for almost 2 years) and there is not a specific amount or so far apart from each other spec sheet. All that is required is to place holes and welds accordingly so that the two pieces (ex. frame rail to core support or inner fender panel to core support) does not move or flex when pulling them apart. (And you can never have too much) And most importantly make sure its SQUARE so that everything fits straight ahead or whatever so your front end doesnt look like its always turning if that makes any sense
sounds good man, im getting a shop to do it for me, and I don't want him mesing up. Im doing an evo 8 front conversion everything has to be done right. But with the way you mentioned it since the lancer and evo have the same chassis style almost at the front end it shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks bro
Old May 3, 2011, 07:04 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the specs are in any crash book.