Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

need help with buschur FMIC!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with buschur FMIC!!

I have an 06 Evolution with a cai, tune, and full exhaust. Everything is installed but something is not right. Under boost it makes about 10 psi but makes this awful high pitched screaming noise then loses pressure. Ive triples checked the intercooler piping and even had a bung welded into the turbo pipe to hook the WGA up to. Any ideas on where my leak may be?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
boost leak or your turbo is dead
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pull the intake hose off the turbo and check for shaft play. I had a turbo that went out on an eclipse that sounded like a super charger when I boosted, high pitched whine and couldn't build boost.
If you don't find anything there, do a boost leak test. Boost leak test should be the first thing you do when you have boost issues. Most people have leaks and don't even know it.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Try looking at the vacuum lines going into the egr. One of them could have popped off.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:25 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I narrowed down the problem to the intercooler pipe coming off the turbo being loose as hell. I manged to tighten it back down really good and its running good now other than blowing off a charge pipe on the first test drive.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
Thanks for all the help guys. I narrowed down the problem to the intercooler pipe coming off the turbo being loose as hell. I manged to tighten it back down really good and its running good now other than blowing off a charge pipe on the first test drive.
Listen to me, man.
I had that problem too w/the Buschur 'Street' FMIC and turbo 'J' pipe.
Don't just hand-tighten the 2 hex-bolts that connect the 'J' pipe to the turbo-outlet wth an allen-wrench...you need to use a #6 allen-socket.

I ended up needing to completely remove the starter assembly, used a 6-inch extender bar for the 1/4 ratchet & bought a #6 allen-socket.

There was no way to fit the socket & ratchet with the starter attached & get a proper tightening position.

Tightened to the point where I was screaming like Conan the Barbarian under the car.

I didn't use Loctite (this time) since tightening it with the ratchet & allen-socket was better than with the alllen-wrench...so far so good, been boosting around hard ever since with no problems.

Last edited by Lgkaos; Jul 2, 2011 at 08:12 PM.