Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

BUSCHUR manual boost controller

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUSCHUR manual boost controller

I just received a zip lock bag with vacuum line and some black thingy! What could it be?! Obviously a buschur manual boost controller! With no instructions

Stoked to have a piece of buschur racing in my car... but I have no clue how to install/mount/use the thing. I know it works different than other mbcs so I just want to do it the right way. If anyone wants to send me a PM or post in the thread please do so! And if anyone from Buschur sees this... please help!

Also if anyone has any way of mounting it... that'd be appreciated too
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Theres an arrow on it -- it points towards your turbo. (inline)

its an Inline controller so its not really "mounted" anywhere. But you can zip tie it off to something if you like.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Just found these...

http://highboostforum.com/forum/show...t-Installation

I'll post again if I can't figure it out... I'll probably end up zip tie'ing it to something
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

is that view from under the car?

the info on the buschur site didn't really say anything about how to install it...

anyone care to chime in with something helpful?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taylorgang
is that view from under the car?

the info on the buschur site didn't really say anything about how to install it...

anyone care to chime in with something helpful?
No.. thats on top of the car -- an evo x i believe..

its an inline man.. you put it where ever you want it. Put it in your back seat with 20 feet of vac line if you want. Theres no "mounting" spot for it. One side is vac lined to the intake manifold, the other is vac lined to the wastegate... thats it..

Perhaps you should have a friend over or take it to a shop if your not sure how to install a boost controller... Because its more complicated to change your oil then it is to install this..

Last edited by xRoguex; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

I must be over thinking it then... I just changed my fuel pump and that was pretty easy... I've done all the work on my car myself. oil, oil filter, down pipe, test pipe, intake filter...

I think I'm just making it harder than it is lol...

don't I need to disconnect any other lines? like the stock boost solenoid?

pictures would really help...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a boost gauge? Because they come preset at the lowest setting, which will be in the 12 or so psi range. So the car is going to be terribly slow after its put on. Which will require you to slowly adjust it. But being that your having trouble installing it -- im concerned about telling you to turn it up without any form of tuning or boost reference.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

yes I have a boost gauge installed... did that myself...

on the stock boost solenoid there are 2 lines... 1 is going to the intake piping nipple and the other is going somewhere into a T...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

if it's so simple, could you please explain it? it'd really help
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

ok so I'm gonna remove the hose going from the intake pipe nipple to the stock boost solenoid nipple, attach it from the intake pipe nipple to the mbc

then take the hose that goes to the stock boost solenoid from the wastegate and attach it to the side of the mbc with the arrow...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a stock fmic? Is that what you ment by intake pipe nipple -- off the turbo outlet tube?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Instructions are on our site. You can also pick up the phone and save yourself time and a lot of people thinking you aren't very bright.

Take your stock hoses off the wastegate and factory boost control solenoid. Leave the electric plug hooked up to the solenoid.

Now take the hose we sent you and put one end on the nipple on the elbow coming off the turbo. Route it to where you'd like to put the inline controller. Cut the hose and attach it to the inlet, which is the end opposite the arrow. Now attach the hose that is left to the outlet and route it down to the nipple on the wastegate and cut it to length. Easy.

The controller, if you haven't turned it playing with it, comes adjusted for the lowest setting. Each line on the controller is 1 psi. Go run the car down the road or dyno or whatever at WOT, typically in 3rd gear and see what the boost is. Adjust from there until you hit your target. You have to remove the hose from the nipple on the outlet side, turn the controller and then attach the hose again.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:59 PM
Account Disabled

I am/was looking at getting this item.. However i'm more visually adept than reading about which hose goes here and there with out knowing the car all that well... Did you say there are actual visual instructions on your site? If so please pm or reply with your product support info.

thanks
Old Jul 27, 2011, 02:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bowrepublik
I am/was looking at getting this item.. However i'm more visually adept than reading about which hose goes here and there with out knowing the car all that well... Did you say there are actual visual instructions on your site? If so please pm or reply with your product support info.

thanks
https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...d0c05c947445dc

http://highboostforum.com/forum/show...t-Installation

Quick Reply: BUSCHUR manual boost controller