Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Replacing A Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Replacing A Clutch?

i need to swap out my transmission because my 6th gear went out and i figured that i could help anyone that had questions about completing this task. this will be my third time dropping my transmission. i will also be dropping the sub frame because it makes the job a hell of a lot easier. btw i have a Evo IX MR. if you have any questions relating to this topic then feel free to ask. i will try my best to help you out.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah dropping the trans is a biotch, i never dropped the subframe though. How much easier does it make taking out the transmission? and wouldn't you have to disconnect the steering assembly on the subframe to drop it?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ILoveAWD
Yeah dropping the trans is a biotch, i never dropped the subframe though. How much easier does it make taking out the transmission? and wouldn't you have to disconnect the steering assembly on the subframe to drop it?
yeah you do. i've never dropped the trans with the subframe still on so i can't really compare, but just looking at the limited space there is with the subframe still on the car, i'd imagine that it makes a huge difference. you would obviously need to get an alignment afterwards, but i'm a technician at Honda so i'll just do it myself
Old Aug 7, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bboy_RES
yeah you do. i've never dropped the trans with the subframe still on so i can't really compare, but just looking at the limited space there is with the subframe still on the car, i'd imagine that it makes a huge difference. you would obviously need to get an alignment afterwards, but i'm a technician at Honda so i'll just do it myself
You don't have to remove the steering assembly. All you do is unbolt the power steering rack from the sub-frame and leave it in the car. No alignment needed.