Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Hot to take out oil pump

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot to take out oil pump

I have a built motor 2.0 im having low oil pressure problem i have the ams race balance shaft and the bearing was turnd 180 degrees.
The oil is turning and cappuchino color like there would be coolent was in there but there aint any coolent so i am assuming it would be air geting in and mixing with the oil please help thank you
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:44 AM

if oil got a creamy color on the dipstick then there is water or coolant inside. The most probable way is a head gasket. Do coolant or oil levels change?
Where do you measure oil pressure? What is the oil pressure at idle (working temperature)? Did you know oil pressure before the build?
Have you checked the oil pump for wear?

..normally with the eliminated balance shafts with simple eliminator kit you can remove oil pump with the engine in a car, difficult but possible.
In your case with the AMS balance shaft you will need to remove the engine.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r_ace_r

..normally with the eliminated balance shafts with simple eliminator kit you can remove oil pump with the engine in a car, difficult but possible.
In your case with the AMS balance shaft you will need to remove the engine.
You should't say things like you know what you're talking about if you don't. Know the facts before telling it to someone who is relying upon the advice on what to do.

Even with the balance shafts in place, you can still remove the front cover etc with the engine in the car. I have done it a few times. With stock shafts, without shafts, and with the AMS race shaft kit.

Good luck getting resolved. Definitely sounds like you have fluid mixing with the oil though.

Aaron
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I do remember having this happen in my 2g with that cappuccino colored oil. I was pushing coolant out of the overflow bottle because my head gasket wasn't sealing properly. I think this problem has something to do with pushing too air thur the head gasket, crack cylinder walls, or rings.. I'm not sure if the coolant played a role in this. I also overheated the oil by doing this. I would recommend a leak down test and keep an eye on oil temps too. Where are you getting the oil pressure reading from??

Be careful because this can have a serious effect on engine bearings. Mine didn't look very hot. Chunks of material was missing.

Also to be certain you can have your oil tested.

Last edited by awdboosted; Nov 11, 2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by WHTEVO
You should't say things like you know what you're talking about if you don't. Know the facts before telling it to someone who is relying upon the advice on what to do.

Even with the balance shafts in place, you can still remove the front cover etc with the engine in the car. I have done it a few times. With stock shafts, without shafts, and with the AMS race shaft kit.
agreed, i thought of removing the entire assy.