Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Help! Clutch

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help! Clutch

So I'm doing a clutch in my Evo 9 done it before just haven alot of trouble getting the throw out bearing to come off of the pressure plate. Is there any secretes around this I've Literly tried everything it's almost like the throw out bearing is stuck and wont come out! If u guys could help that be great thanks alot
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoracingstar
So I'm doing a clutch in my Evo 9 done it before just haven alot of trouble getting the throw out bearing to come off of the pressure plate. Is there any secretes around this I've Literly tried everything it's almost like the throw out bearing is stuck and wont come out! If u guys could help that be great thanks alot
It helps to be able to skim through all of the valuable information to find the specific set of instructions you need. As stated, you need to pop the dust cover (round black circular plug) on the bottom of the transmission. then shine your flashlight up in the hole and find the throw-out bearing. Use a large flat-head screwdriver and wedge it between the collar on the pressure plate and the throwout bearing. TWIST the screwdriver clockwise or counter clockwise and the collar/bearing should separate. Goodluck. I actually just finished my second clutch job in 30k miles. ****ing weak-*** pressure plates cant handle the driving I do
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
or :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-bearing.html
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bro ik everything in and out about an Evo I been sitting here for 3 ours the bearing is Literly stuck in the clutch no matter how much I press the shift fork back and twist the screwdriver it still won't come out at all. It's like jammed in there.. Don't make sence bc whn I did my first clutch job it was easy to pop off. It's just stuck in I tea all the info on this forum about it I understand what to do how to do it I did it on my new clutch pops off so easy but while doing it in the car it Literly just stock in there doesn't make one but of sence. I've Literly try everything. The whole reason Doug a clutch job on my Evo now is bc I got a ****ty act and one day it decided if I went to start the car clutch in it would move the whole car engage. Wouldn't start but in neutral it would start but if I pressed in the clutch then go to put in gear it wouldn't go into gear it would just grind as if the clutch wouldn't engage at all.. I'm confused lol