Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Electric Gauge Install - Different taps for Power and Illumination

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Electric Gauge Install - Different taps for Power and Illumination

I have Autometer ES gauges I'd like to install, one mechanical boost, one electric oil pressure, one electric oil temperature

What I'd like to do is wire the gauge power to come on with the accessories (easy, I use the illumination from the gauge cluster) which I can do already and have a fuse tap for, the second fuse on the top row I believe. This one I have in place already, it's what is illuminating my gauges atm (electric are installed but senders aren't wired up)

What i want to do is wire the gauges so that the illumination only comes on when the fog lights / head lights are on. I know I can tap off the cigarette lighter or some other place but I am hellbent on either finding the correct fuse to use or ditching this idea.

If someone can please help me locate what fuse has power only when the interior lights are on I will thank you immensely. I'm tired of having "pink" gauges in bright sunlight and would rather the gauges not be illuminated at all (they will still work as the sending units are powered separately from the illumination) until the rest of the interior lights are on

thanks in advance!
Old May 15, 2012, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
bump, anyone know this?