Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Prosport Fuel Pressure Gauge Help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prosport Fuel Pressure Gauge Help

Hey hey.

So, I recently got done with a build, and when I was going to get tuned, the last thing I put back together/installed was my AEM rail and injectors. When I was tightening the bolts to secure the return line flange to the end of the rail, a bolt broke off in the rail flange, and I ran out of time before tuning so I just threw my OEM rail back on.

My entire purpose for the rail was to be able to utilize the accessory port for the sending unit that came with my Prosport digital gauge.

Now that i'm still on the factory rail, I have a couple questions somebody might be able to help out with. I searched but didn't find anything useful.

1) My biggest question is, if I remove the broken bolt, can I still swap the AEM rail in, post-tuning? Will that affect anything at all?

2) If that isn't possible, what other solution is there? The instructions actually call for cutting the return line and putting a T there...but that makes no sense to me. I wasn't aware you could read pressure off the return line, I thought it would at least need to be on the line between the regulator and rail, if anything.

3) Worst case scenario, make my own port in the stock rail? I'd much rather the AEM rail work, haha. One looks gorgeous and the other looks like OEM doo doo.

Old Aug 4, 2015, 04:53 PM

Bump
Old Aug 10, 2015, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Stark_Tech
Bump
I do not understand, why is it that you just don't remove the broken bolt, or buy new one? With the same injectors and regulator, the tune should not change at all.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 08:36 AM

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I have the stock rail on there now, and that is what it was tuned on.

I did remove the broken bolt from the AEM rail.

My question is, can I install the AEM rail now, or will it affect anything?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stark_Tech
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. I have the stock rail on there now, and that is what it was tuned on.

I did remove the broken bolt from the AEM rail.

My question is, can I install the AEM rail now, or will it affect anything?
I can't think of any reason, other than different fuel system resonances (highly unlikely), that there would be a problem swapping rails while leaving the tune the same.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:43 AM

I ordered a brass T. I'm just going to T the return line for now. I'll post a picture of it after I do, since I didn't see any when I searched.