Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Non-HID to HID Conversion - Gauging interest in write up

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Non-HID to HID Conversion - Gauging interest in write up

I'm about to start my HID conversation on my Evo IX GSR with all OEM parts, and I have the opportunity to document the whole process while doing so. I figured I'd toss it out there and gauge the interest on how many people would be interested in a full write up on this method of the conversation using the following OEM parts:

- JDM Evo VIII MR Headlights
- MR Dash Harness
- MR Headlight Harness
- MR Fog Light/Leveling Switch
- OEM MR HID Ballasts
- OSRAM 66260 CBI's

I know it's the "hard way" to do things, but I personally prefer the OEM way and like the cleanliness and reliability it offers. I know you can wire in relays and use aftermarket switches for the conversion, you can even use aftermarket HID Kits or Adapters too, but it's just not the same, in my opinion.

I searched and searched for the "how to" on this exact conversion, but I was never able to find one. I was able to find "how to's" with the easier relay or adapter methods though. I just didn't want to waste a bunch of time documenting the whole process if no one would benefit, or at the very least be interested in this method of Non-HID to HID conversion.

I'll be pulling my ABS and Power Steering at the same time too, so that will be mildly included in the thread too, if there's enough interest.

So let me know! I'd be happy to do my part and add to the EvoM community!
Old May 16, 2016, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
if you want to, write it up. write-ups shouldn't be done for the instant appreciation they bring but for a documentation of information for in the future when people look for it
Old Jun 8, 2016, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
if you want to, write it up. write-ups shouldn't be done for the instant appreciation they bring but for a documentation of information for in the future when people look for it
Yeah I agree. Many will need it and thank you in the future. It really is up to you.