Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DV/BOV Install and Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DV/BOV Install and Maintenance

I recently bought my Evo 8 and and it came with a VTA BOV

I ordered the OEM MR DV to put in it's place but I have a question about this. I understand how to install the DV but I'm wondering if I should lubricate the DV before installing it or if that is even necessary.

I spent a lot of time playing paintball and maintaining those guns so I feel like I have a good understanding of pressurized air valves. Because of that, it seems weird not to have to lube it, but I don't know for sure so here I am.

Additionally, if lubrication is suggested, is there a general maintenance period for pulling this guy out and lubricating it again?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bonus: I also have a Synapse DV on it's way but generally don't have the time to tinker so the OEM will be by go to until I get the time to try that one out.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
just throw the OE in there and let it be. I haven't heard of people ever messing with them nor have i heard that it's suggested

for the synapse just keep in mind that some people run in Push mode, some run in Pull mode, some run Port A only, some people run Port B only, and some run Port A+B. Seems that everyone's car likes something different
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 108 Posts
You can lube it with synthetic engine oil if you want. However, its not necessary since the OEM BOV doesn't have tight build tolerances.