Notices

Buschur Racing Evo 8 Bf272 Camshafts Back In Stock!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ssteve
If mike ran them fine on Cwill car and a stock turbo, why is it not recomended for smaller turbos? I plan to run a smaller turbo(cbrd full) but it will only be on E85 or 104+. Is it something that needs a decent amount of boost or a response issue?
They dont recommend these cams for certain cars but really its certain PEOPLE they should not be recommended for.. If your hardcore and can deal with a little lopey idle and raise your RPM enough to lessen the chance of stalling they are a badass cam!! We ran them on E-85 w/ stock ecu and stock turbo and made 460whp.. if your picky and want cams but expect your car to drive like stock stick to HKS 272..

Btw.. also as jarrod said they recommend these for larger turbos that breathe more up top.. They will sacrifice a little down low but for a drag application like cwills we needed every HP we could get int he upper Rpm's and these worked great!!

Mike
Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
Account Disabled

I would be replacing revolvers so I doubt idle will bother me. I'm looking to move some peak power a little higher in the rev range. It's for a track car, and although it's not a drag car it still lives up higher. Also I have a 9.5:1 2.0L I would like to eventually run them in. That would also be on a smaller turbo as well.. My tuner is awesome, and if it has been done or can be done Im sure he is perfectly capable I'm just worried that it might hurt response.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

I would be replacing revolvers so I doubt idle will bother me. I'm looking to move some peak power a little higher in the rev range. It's for a track car, and although it's not a drag car it still lives up higher. Also I have a 9.5:1 2.0L I would like to eventually run them in. That would also be on a smaller turbo as well.. My tuner is awesome, and if it has been done or can be done Im sure he is perfectly capable I'm just worried that it might hurt response.

Well i think they would work well if your staying up in the RPMs however i dont have any personal road racing experience to say 100%..

Mike
Old Nov 19, 2008, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

How small of a turbo are you planning on running? We do not recommend these on the Green or for anything less than a 30R.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

You also have to take into account what you're going to be using for tuning.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
Account Disabled

Stock ecu, on a stevo8 spec ported IX turbo and here shortly a CBRD full version. Im already running RC1000's, SuperTech singles w/Ti retainers, Straight exhaust. The car will only be run on E85 or whatever the highest octane thats allowed in class.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Stock ecu, on a stevo8 spec ported IX turbo and here shortly a CBRD full version. Im already running RC1000's, SuperTech singles w/Ti retainers, Straight exhaust. The car will only be run on E85 or whatever the highest octane thats allowed in class.
I would not recommend the BF272's on the stock ECU but I know a few of the tuners on here such as Mellon have gotten them to work fine.

I do however do not recommend pairing the BF cams with a smaller turbo like the Green or the BBK from Chad. I would recommend a more "mild" cam for your application. The smaller turbo's like I mentioned just dont move enough air for these big cams.

I would recommend maybe something maybe like a HKS 280.

Let me know if you need anything.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:04 AM
Account Disabled

Ill stick with my revolvers for now, thanks for the help.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Anytime!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

I've tuned quite a few different cams on the stock ecu and I can tell you the average self tuner isn't going to get the BF272 to idle well...it took a few extra tricks to make it happen. Also I'm sure having a super light weight tilton clutch makes the stalling issue more common but I rarely ever stall after working hard on the tune. Sometimes it takes the stock ecu a few seconds to catch up to what the car is doing and compensate. It's definitely not like stock but acceptable to me because I want the most power possible while retaining the stock ECU.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
I've tuned quite a few different cams on the stock ecu and I can tell you the average self tuner isn't going to get the BF272 to idle well...it took a few extra tricks to make it happen. Also I'm sure having a super light weight tilton clutch makes the stalling issue more common but I rarely ever stall after working hard on the tune. Sometimes it takes the stock ecu a few seconds to catch up to what the car is doing and compensate. It's definitely not like stock but acceptable to me because I want the most power possible while retaining the stock ECU.

Bryan@GST does all my tunes and he had no issues with getting the revolvers not to stall with a prolite flywheel. I dont think idle would be an issue. Im only concerned with power output with these cams.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 09:48 AM
Account Disabled

Bryan@GST does all my tunes and he had no issues with getting the revolvers not to stall with a prolite flywheel. I dont think idle would be an issue. Im only concerned with power output with these cams.
I wasn't trying to scare you in particular away, just saying the average self tuner is going to have problems.

I can tell you I'm extremely pleased with these cams. I swapped a few parts and the combination is amazing.

before: stock head, HKS 280, stock short block
after: buschur head, BF272, buschur 2.0

this was on straight 93 octane with the HTA35R .63 (I'm on the HTA86 now, see second graph, unfinished tune, there's more in it)

Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
Account Disabled

Wow chris that's awesome.. Yeah I wouldn't dare self tune my car. Bryan(razorlab) has always taken very good care of me and there's no chance I could do half as good a job as he does.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you ship to the uk?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UK_EVO4
Can you ship to the uk?
Definitely!

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will be glad to get you a shipping quote.