Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

Chargespeed EVOVIII 20MM WIDE BODY FRONT FENDERS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hows the installation? I just ordered the Kaminari kit....curious if it'll bolt up tothat
Old Dec 5, 2004, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Vivid we need answers!!!
Old Dec 6, 2004, 08:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
If I got the just the fenders would it match up to the front stock bumper????Please let me know I am very interested!!
it will match up to the stock bumper, as for the fender well cover there is not one included. when we did our garage hrs fenders we ust left it open. i dont think spacers are neccessary unless yo uwant to give your car a matching aggressive look.

jacky
Old Dec 6, 2004, 03:49 PM

do you guys make them without the vents in the side, if not does someone else?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FlyTheFluffySky
do you guys make them without the vents in the side, if not does someone else?
only available with vents.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:47 AM

A coupe of questions:
1) How much lighter( if any ) are they than the stock fenders?
2) Any chance they come painted?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 01:23 PM

Are vents really open or are they for looks? Would it be possible to use the stock inner fender skirts? Do you have any pics from the back side?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I think the only way were going to get any good answers here is if someone buys and installs them. If only I had some cash.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

okay i hate saying bad things about companies and products so take this for what it's worth cause it seems like you guys aren't getting any answers. i just bought a pair of these and installed them.

the fit on these is not so good out of the box. i have spent three hours so far redrilling the mounting holes and shimming the fenders the get them to ALMOST line up. I'm pretty close but i really doubt they will ever be perfectly lined up.

they feel heavier than the stock aluminum fenders. i'm 99.9% sure if i was to put them on a a scale the factory ones will be lighter. but of course since i haven't i could be wrong but i doubt i am.

and the question the person asked about using spacers i can't believe the answer he got. yes of course you don't have to but only if you want to look like an idiot driving down the road. right now my car has the stock wheels on it with the fenders mounted. let me tell you how stupid it looks. it looks like i have a spare tire on there. so to answer your question, you will want to run a spacer with the factory wheel if you want it to look right.

yes the stock fender liners will work. they extended the tabs underneath far enough to remount the clips to them. only problem is if you are lowered and run a wide wheel and tire combo, you'll end up rubbing the fender (it won't just rub, it'll break the fender) under heavy cornering.

so any of you who wants cheap widebody fenders, this kit isn't so bad for the money as long as you have the time yourself to mod them to fit. if you have to pay someone cause you dont want to do it yourself you're gonna be paying a lot.

just to give you guys some background on me i've been installing and messing around with bodykits for 15 years. this kit isn't the worst i've dealt with but isn't even close to the best. but aslo keep in mind all cars are different the way things line up and working with fiberglass moulds, not one will ever be exactly them same. but most should be close. this definitely wasn't close,

and lastly, this one is for jacky at vivid. i'm gonna be nice about this cause i hate bashing companies unless i really get screwed. when i first dealt with you wanting to buy stuff you were absolutely great to work with. but once i had purchased the stuff from you, your customer service was less than stellar. i'm not gonna get into it but had i been any other customer, i would've shipped the stuff back to you even though it would've cost me $170. you were absolutely no help on the phone. it's like you figured you had the sale and were done. at least that's how you made me feel. would i use you guys again? no way cause i know if i had a problem with something i know now you don't stand behind your product.

Last edited by vtsnake; Dec 12, 2004 at 07:05 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the information.
Originally Posted by vtsnake
okay i hate saying bad things about companies and products so take this for what it's worth cause it seems like you guys aren't getting any answers. i just bought a pair of these and installed them.

the fit on these is not so good out of the box. i have spent three hours so far redrilling the mounting holes and shimming the fenders the get them to ALMOST line up. I'm pretty close but i really doubt they will ever be perfectly lined up.

they feel heavier than the stock aluminum fenders. i'm 99.9% sure if i was to put them on a a scale the factory ones will be lighter. but of course since i haven't i could be wrong but i doubt i am.

and the question the person asked about using spacers i can't believe the answer he got. yes of course you don't have to but only if you want to look like an idiot driving down the road. right now my car has the stock wheels on it with the fenders mounted. let me tell you how stupid it looks. it looks like i have a spare tire on there. so to answer your question, you will want to run a spacer with the factory wheel if you want it to look right.

yes the stock fender liners will work. they extended the tabs underneath far enough to remount the clips to them. only problem is if you are lowered and run a wide wheel and tire combo, you'll end up rubbing the fender (it won't just rub, it'll break the fender) under heavy cornering.

so any of you who wants cheap widebody fenders, this kit isn't so bad for the money as long as you have the time yourself to mod them to fit. if you have to pay someone cause you dont want to do it yourself you're gonna be paying a lot.

just to give you guys some background on me i've been installing and messing around with bodykits for 15 years. this kit isn't the worst i've dealt with but isn't even close to the best. but aslo keep in mind all cars are different the way things line up and working with fiberglass moulds, not one will ever be exactly them same. but most should be close. this definitely wasn't close,

and lastly, this one is for jacky at vivid. i'm gonna be nice about this cause i hate bashing companies unless i really get screwed. when i first dealt with you wanting to buy stuff you were absolutely great to work with. but once i had purchased the stuff from you, your customer service was less than stellar. i'm not gonna get into it but had i been any other customer, i would've shipped the stuff back to you even though it would've cost me $170. you were absolutely no help on the phone. it's like you figured you had the sale and were done. at least that's how you made me feel. would i use you guys again? no way cause i know if i had a problem with something i know now you don't stand behind your product.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

dude, jacky was very helpful after the sale on my chargespeed bodykit.. he not only kept me up to date on the status of the rear bumper (@ customs) but told me when it was shipped and gave me status and delivery date of the kit whenever i called... vividracing is one of the best imho

-josh
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wicked
dude, jacky was very helpful after the sale on my chargespeed bodykit.. he not only kept me up to date on the status of the rear bumper (@ customs) but told me when it was shipped and gave me status and delivery date of the kit whenever i called... vividracing is one of the best imho

-josh
thanks for the back up man, i really appreciate it.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vtsnake

dude, i told you to give me a call back, because this was beyond my technical experience. i was gonna have you have a talk with my technician because he has actually installed this kit before. i was waiting for your call and you gotta go and bash me like this? Sorry if you dont like the product but i wont comment any further. i try to do my best to answer everyone's questions and try to make everyone happy. i said if it doesnt fit, i will find a way to compensate it to you either by getting you another kit or try to get you a refund. im not the boss here remember but i will speak to him on your behalf.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:23 AM
Former Sponsor

PS im not on this forumsevery minute of my life. i like to go out and enjoy my weekends and answer any questions whe i can.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Those look very nice

Quick Reply: Chargespeed EVOVIII 20MM WIDE BODY FRONT FENDERS