Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

CF trunk spoiler, Vortex Generators, CF Side Spats, CF Canards and other goodies!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rexpeed
sorry we dont have diffusers.

Thanks
Bummer! Does this hold true for the under-front facia wind diffuser as well? I am desperately looking for the flat wind diffuser that bolts up under the front facia and sticks out a couple of inches and is held up by the metal arms.

Can you guys fabricate these? They seem simple as all then are is flat cabon fiber plate that follows the front of the evo and just bolts up? Can you get them?

Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
are you refering to the front splitters? If so we dont have plans on making those sorry.

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

ttt
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:37 PM
Account Disabled

Rexpeed:

First of all, I am a carbon fiber junky... I even purchased my car in GG just so that my carbon fiber parts will not be screaming "look at me, I'm carbon fiber", but that the paint would rather blend with, and accentuate the carbon fiber.

I am about to make a pretty substantial purchase with you in about 2-3 weeks, but there are parts I am also looking for that I am hoping you can either make... or point me in the right direction.

1st Carbon Fiber seat shells. in other words large peices of carbon fiber to cover or replace the plastic on the back of the Recaro seats.

2nd Carbon fiber front lip in OE MR style for the Evo IX

3rd Carbon fiber Hood. OE quality and shape, rolled edges... basically the best.

4th Carbon fiber Trunk. again, OE quality and shape, rolled edges, and able to support a stock wing, as well as use all the stock hardware/latches/locks

5th Carbon fiber hood Vent... I've seen a picture on here from another manufacturer... can't seem to find it now

6th Carbon Fiber roof. Again, I've seen them, but the price I saw was rediculous!

7th Carbon fiber inner wing pillar pieces... I've seen these on the white car you were using to show trunk wings or the like... but never saw them for sale.

The reason I ask you... on this thread... is because you are the 180 degree complete opposite of what was Carbonworks. you have proven time and time again to offer superior products and service. When you have items made, or sell them from another vendor, you are certifying that these items are the best of quality.

So, what can you do for me/us on the above items so that I can throw my money at you? Or can you point me in the direction of a manufacturer that you would recomend for items you don't/won't produce?

Thank you ever so much.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:11 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks for the kind words

We thought about the carbon seat shells but in order for them to fit perfectly they would have to be in dry carbon. A piece that size in dry carbon will not be cheap if the demand is there and people are willing to pay for it we will make it happen.
Some of the other parts you mentioned like the carbon hood vent is in the works and should be available soon.

BTW pm sent

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:24 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the quick reply, and I have clarified what I meant in the PM.

True, the shells would not be cheap, but then again, I don't cheap out on parts... any idea what "not cheap" means in a dollar figure? I would probably be willing.

As for the other parts. Which ones should I wait for, and which ones should I look elsewhere for? any suggestions on vendors?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

RExpeed: I was searching your site and cracked up with the license plate folding motor mechanism. That thing is cool. I live where there are red light cameras and speeding cameras posted on the freeways and this thing would work great except for one thing. It folds the liscense plate up. Now that wont work as most of the cameras are high and will still be able to read the plate. Can this be installed such that it folds the plate flat down where the numbers face the ground? That way the camera wont make out the numbers as I'd install a cardboard or some kind of shielding behind it?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
Thanks for the quick reply, and I have clarified what I meant in the PM.

True, the shells would not be cheap, but then again, I don't cheap out on parts... any idea what "not cheap" means in a dollar figure? I would probably be willing.

As for the other parts. Which ones should I wait for, and which ones should I look elsewhere for? any suggestions on vendors?
First of all the mold itself cost a few grand alone. To me thats not really the big issue. The big issue is that the manufacturer wants a minimum order of a few hundred pieces or else they wont make them. Im sure there will be customers that will purchase it but the question is how many will we sell?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 07:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
RExpeed: I was searching your site and cracked up with the license plate folding motor mechanism. That thing is cool. I live where there are red light cameras and speeding cameras posted on the freeways and this thing would work great except for one thing. It folds the liscense plate up. Now that wont work as most of the cameras are high and will still be able to read the plate. Can this be installed such that it folds the plate flat down where the numbers face the ground? That way the camera wont make out the numbers as I'd install a cardboard or some kind of shielding behind it?
When the plate flips up you will notice it stops when it hits the bumper. In order for the plate to flip downwards you will need some thing behind it so that the plate will stop at a certain angle. It can be done just need to do some modifications.

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2007, 02:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
Man, I wish somebody had a picture of a TB evo with the spats...
here you go

Old Aug 27, 2007, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hmmm, I dont know about the black...white or silver is definatly the best imo
Old Aug 28, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

any pictures of the tarmac black vortex generator against a TB car? wanted to see how it compared because i know the OEM color looked "off"
Old Aug 28, 2007, 08:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry the car is very diry and this is the only pic I have

Old Aug 28, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

hmm thanks.. i think imma send the payment tomorrow.. do i just paypal you and tell you what color i want? oh and whats the shipping time to 07055? thanks
Old Aug 28, 2007, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi

You can send paypal payment to sales@rexpeed.net
Just put down the color you want and leave a contact number if possible.

Thanks

Quick Reply: CF trunk spoiler, Vortex Generators, CF Side Spats, CF Canards and other goodies!!