Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

Custom Co-polymer Shift knobs - Made in Jersey by skilled machininsts!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hypnotiq9000
hey man i was wondering about the custom shift knob...how would you say it compares as to functionality to the greddy counterweight and the ARC Ti? how about in weight? is it counter weighted for better shifts? thanks- Nick
Weight is all a personal feel issue. Some like a light/quick feel, some like a heavy solid feel. The copolymer knobs shown here have a lighter feel, weighing around 110 grams. HOWEVER, I also make stainless steel knobs that weigh around 460 grams (almost a full pound!).

You can order one of these through KNS Brakes as he supplies my full line of products for Evos. Like always, a little bit of customization is possible too, such as a flame-colored Burnt Finish to make the SS knob look blued, bronze, or grayed.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im interested in a flame burnt blued bronze stainless shift know for the 6 speed MR
PM details please
any pics
Old Dec 9, 2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 555R
im interested in a flame burnt blued bronze stainless shift know for the 6 speed MR
PM details please
any pics
No pics of the Evo version of this, but here is a pic of a several burn finishes on SS Spheres for a WRX fitment:

The Evo knob will be a full sphere shape, no collar. The SAME SHAPE as the Copolymer Evo knobs already shown here. It will look like the one shown on the S2000 below

Sorry, nobody has a SS Sphere on an Evo yet, so I have no pictures. You can be the first one!
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

would it be possible to make the gunmetal gray without the bottom stem? if so pm me price shipped to 12543.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jxs1984
would it be possible to make the gunmetal gray without the bottom stem? if so pm me price shipped to 12543.
ALL the Evo knobs come without the bottom stems. Those knobs with the burnt finishes are for the WRX. The Evo ones are just a sphere shape like the copolymer ones.
Old May 13, 2011, 09:11 PM

What a great product

I just received my custom configured Co Polymer shift knob for my 2011 EVO X GSR. I ordered a 2.25" white ball and asked to have the Stainless Collar fitted as well with the 5 speed engraving.

What a marvelous looking product the weight and feel is fantastic, the white shift knob compliments the Wicked White exterior. I will try to post pics tomorrow, thanks to Chris for making the exact configuration I wanted.

The adjustment screw for height and proper rotation in the tightened position was a nice touch.

Regards

Anthony
Old May 20, 2011, 11:28 AM

Photos

Originally Posted by EVOXcellence
I just received my custom configured Co Polymer shift knob for my 2011 EVO X GSR. I ordered a 2.25" white ball and asked to have the Stainless Collar fitted as well with the 5 speed engraving.

What a marvelous looking product the weight and feel is fantastic, the white shift knob compliments the Wicked White exterior. I will try to post pics tomorrow, thanks to Chris for making the exact configuration I wanted.

The adjustment screw for height and proper rotation in the tightened position was a nice touch.

Regards

Anthony

Here are the Photos as promised, Installed in a 2011 EVO X GSR
Attached Thumbnails Custom Co-polymer Shift knobs - Made in Jersey by skilled machininsts!!!-photo-26-.jpg   Custom Co-polymer Shift knobs - Made in Jersey by skilled machininsts!!!-photo-27-.jpg   Custom Co-polymer Shift knobs - Made in Jersey by skilled machininsts!!!-photo-28-.jpg  
Old May 23, 2011, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered mine as well white 6 spd engraving. I will post pics once I am able to get some. It took them literally one day to ship it out hahaha. A + service.