Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

New Mud Flaps for EVO's!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when will you have black ones? i dont want red on a silver evo =T
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have these.......

May god strike you down immediately with lightning. Honestly, if you have these on your Evo, please take them off. You just don't know how many people are laughing at you.... Even if you like them, and it's your car, please, for the rest of us that have to look at it, take them off.

- Jason

P.S. If you're gunna leave them on, please cover you car in vinyl, get some winsheild washer LED's, some under car neon, etc, so we can know you're a total ricer with horrible taste right off the bat.

Last edited by LancerOZ; Oct 27, 2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Location: 85296, 99519, 96817,98310,07306,10461(HomeSweetHome), & 00739
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LancerOZ
If you have these.......

May god strike you down immediately with lightning. Honestly, if you have these on your Evo, please take them off. You just don't know how many people are laughing at you.... Even if you like them, and it's your car, please, for the rest of us that have to look at it, take them off.

- Jason
Hater
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:28 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO MR FU
when will you have black ones? i dont want red on a silver evo =T
Thr flaps are black; it's the lettering that's red.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:29 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

If you have these.......

- Jason

P.S. If you're gunna leave them on, please cover you car in vinyl, get some winsheild washer LED's, some under car neon, etc, so we can know you're a total ricer with horrible taste right off the bat.
Yeah, damn us for wanting to protect our paint .
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Question

Originally Posted by skiracer
Hopefully they'll be here before Nov 13 because they have a rally cross in Los Angeles. That way, i can test if they are true "mud flaps" and get my car's first taste of dirt!

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5140
Uh, why would i want to remove my mud flaps if i'm participating in a dirt rally cross?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:06 AM

If you have these.......

- Jason

Sit down my friend and let me explain some things here.

Ya see...the EVO VIII is a fast car with sticky tires. Unlike the OZ Edition you drive around daily, the sticky tires on the EVO VIII pickup a lot of rocks, pebbles, sand, and other debris that can fling off the wheel and ruin paintjobs. Especially in the winter time. Mudflaps might not be the prettiest thing to look at, but I'm sure most of the people who ordered a set are doing so for the winter season and that's about it.

The real problem...and now I'm going to give you MY opinion since you so bluntly gave us yours, is that your OZ edition didn't cost 28k+. You're really not worried about the outside of your vehicle, and in fact, it says so right in your signature... "didn't spend a penny on cosmetics". Now this leads me to belive that you don't care about the exterior of your car or what it looks like...which (once again is my opinion) isn't so great to begin with, but hey...that's my opinion and I don't go around these boards saying, "Hey OZ editions are ugly and only ricers drive them" or "Vortex generators are ugly and only ricers keep them on their MR's". Most of the people on this board don't do this, but I'm giving you an example so that you can understand that if you don't have something good to say...then don't say it at all.

Also, not for nothing, but around here I don't see many "ricers" driving around with mudflaps...most of those guys drive around with a giant APC wing on a Dodge Intrepid.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

If you have these.......

- Jason

I had the Ralliart mud flaps on my 2003 Evo GSR since day one of ownership of it. It took me over a year to get the first "strange rock chip" that most Evo owners get on the driver's side rear door sill. These things work. I'm putting a set of the Rally Armor ones on my 2004 Evo RS because they are a new, cheaper version that do the same job. I wouldn't necessarily call it cosmetics, I would call it preventive maintenance. Would you call clear coat paint or car wax a cosmetic modification as well? What about the 3M clear bra? As far as the ricer comments go....Well, we can go round and round with this, but in the end, I think you just have a case of the sour grapes. What happened? Did an Evo/WRX/STi with these mudflaps hand your *** to you when you tried racing him, and all you saw was his "hideous" mudflaps ad he pulled away? Been holding a grudge ever since?

To each his own. It's nice to see you come into a thread that's title specifies that they are for the EVO and not the OZ, and then start bashing the product that you never had any intention of (or use for) buying. Are you going to do the same for products like huge FMIC's, rear diffusers, and 660 cc fuel injectors that are all designed specifically for the Evo? They won't fit your car, so you might as well start your rant now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing you because you drive a non-Evo Lancer. I'm bashing you because you're being a tool.

Last edited by 90GSX-03EVO; Oct 27, 2004 at 12:02 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MauroMotorsports
Sit down my friend and let me explain some things here.

Ya see...the EVO VIII is a fast car with sticky tires. Unlike the OZ Edition you drive around daily, the sticky tires on the EVO VIII pickup a lot of rocks, pebbles, sand, and other debris that can fling off the wheel and ruin paintjobs. Especially in the winter time. Mudflaps might not be the prettiest thing to look at, but I'm sure most of the people who ordered a set are doing so for the winter season and that's about it.

The real problem...and now I'm going to give you MY opinion since you so bluntly gave us yours, is that your OZ edition didn't cost 28k+. You're really not worried about the outside of your vehicle, and in fact, it says so right in your signature... "didn't spend a penny on cosmetics". Now this leads me to belive that you don't care about the exterior of your car or what it looks like...which (once again is my opinion) isn't so great to begin with, but hey...that's my opinion and I don't go around these boards saying, "Hey OZ editions are ugly and only ricers drive them" or "Vortex generators are ugly and only ricers keep them on their MR's". Most of the people on this board don't do this, but I'm giving you an example so that you can understand that if you don't have something good to say...then don't say it at all.
First off, I understand what they're for. If you look at the posts I've made, you can go back and see that I've owned cars much faster than evo's, and I've had stickier tires on them. My last car was an SS with over 450whp and a damn near full race suspension. I just happen to get into some trouble and now pay $512/month insurance, so, anything other than a POS 4cy N/A car is pretty much out of the question for the next 2 years.

Then you say "Well the car was $28k, we want to protect it." That doesn't make a whole lot of sense because I don't see any AMG SL65's or Ferrari 360's driving around with mud flaps. Don't you think those drivers care about their paint? Afterall, their cars are much faster than yours, and much more expensive. The reason they don't put on mudflaps are 1) They know they're ugly 2) They know rock chips hardly ever come from your own tires.

The cost of the vehicle isn't really important because almost everyone wants to protect their paint..... but most won't make their car look ridiculous to do it. Why don't you just wrap your entire car in duct tape?

With all that being said, who cares what I think?? This is the internet. People give their opinions. Look through this website and you will see lots and lots of opinions on tires, wheels, body kits, etc. If you don't like what I have to say, that's fine.

- Jason
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
I had the Ralliart mud flaps on my 2003 Evo GSR since day one of ownership of it. It took me over a year to get the first "strange rock chip" that most Evo owners get on the driver's side rear door sill. These things work. I'm putting a set of the Rally Armor ones on my 2004 Evo RS because they are a new, cheaper version that do the same job. I wouldn't necessarily call it cosmetics, I would call it preventive maintenance. Would you call clear coat paint or car wax a cosmetic modification as well? What about the 3M clear bra? As far as the ricer comments go....Well, we can go round and round with this, but in the end, I think you just have a case of the sour grapes. What happened? Did an Evo/WRX/STi with these mudflaps hand your *** to you when you tried racing him, and all you saw was his "hideous" mudflaps ad he pulled away? Been holding a grudge ever since?

To each his own. It's nice to see you come into a thread that's title specifies that they are for the EVO and not the OZ, and then start bashing the product that you never had any intention of (or use for) buying. Are you going to do the same for products like huge FMIC's, rear diffusers, and 660 cc fuel injectors that are all designed specifically for the Evo? They won't fit your car, so you might as well start your rant now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing you because you drive a non-Evo Lancer. I'm bashing you because you're being a tool.
As I told the guy in the post before this, I don't care that they're not for the OZ, and I understand what they're for. And before you try to get condescending with your "Evo compared to OZ" BS, my SS would have walked all over 90% of the Evo's on this board in a straight line. I know about performance, I just can't afford it anymore.

There was a thread about mudflaps for the OZ/ES/LS, I told those guys the EXACT same thing.... and they pretty much said what you are saying "But we like them!" And that's fine, to each his own. I am just telling you what I think, you can like it or not.

They're pointless and ugly. They're not a larger FMIC, injectors, etc, that add horsepower. They're a weight-adding psychological placebo. 99.9% of rock chips don't come from your tires, they come off of other cars. This topic has been covered a 334045968743956 times on car forums all over the internet.

- Jason
Old Oct 27, 2004, 01:10 PM

AMG's have optional mudflaps...they are just three times as expensive, painted, and match the styling of the car. Just an FYI for you. In addition with a SS you probably had some massive tires on the rear that were super sticky...you should've had some Rallyarmor on there to protect your rear bumper

Soooo for $299.99 you can get Ralliart mudflaps ORRRR pay $99.99 for these and save the $200 for other mods.

Oh and for you to say rock chips don't come off the tires and chip the sides of the car? That's just ignorant, the rear bumper of my car gets hammered from road debris. Something like a mudflap or a side spat would keep that from happening....try driving the streets of NY in the winter.

I also noticed you're living in AZ...not a lot of winter there. C'mon man...like i said before most people buying these are doing so to keep their cars from getting debris all over them during the season...it's not a show piece!

We've all heard your opinion...thank you for it...hopefully we all don't get struck by lightening.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

....my SS would have walked all over 90% of the Evo's on this board in a straight line...
That's great, considering the Camaro is designed to do just that...go fast in a straight line. I would expect you to beat an Evo in that environment.
And that's fine, to each his own.
But didn't you say "Even if you like them, and it's your car, please, for the rest of us that have to look at it, take them off."?
99.9% of rock chips don't come from your tires, they come off of other cars.
Here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37730

There's the rock chips that are from rocks from the front tires (they are a wee bit wider than the OZ's tires and stick out past the fender well at the bottom. Rocks leave these tires and go down the side of the car, until they catch on the door sill ledge and chip it. I'm sure you knew all that, though.

And here:

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Media.../ModTerry4.jpg

See those rock chips under the rear bumper, right behind the tire? You think those were caused by another car kicking up rocks?
This topic has been covered a 334045968743956 times on car forums all over the internet.
It certainly has...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65188

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47890

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614932

Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

lol, the troll got owned
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:09 PM

Hey Mauro, did these mudflaps ship out yet? Just wondering no biggie if they didn't.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CharlieGsanD
lol, the troll got owned

Dood, I'm not trying to "Troll." I post on here almost every day, and 95%+ of the comments I make are 100% positive, to both Evo and Lancer owners. I think there's been about 6 or 7 times I've said "I'd change those rims" or "I'd take those off".

Yes, you're right, I was a bit overly-critical of their looks. But in all honesty, it was supposed to be "sooooo" overboard that it would come off as sarcastic.... but, as many know, sarcasm is hard to convey with the internet.

My subsequent posts were also not to troll, they were to calm people down.

In all honesty, I didn't think people would get offended so much that they'd attempt to subtely insult all lancer owners... and yes, the OZ Lancer does suck, I never said it didn't.

Also, I wasn't "attacking the evos", I love the Evo, and I'm not Jealous one bit. It's a great car, amazing car even, but it still doesn't change the fact I don't like the mud flaps on the car. There are thousands of posts on this forum where people have said "That sticker doesn't fit IMO, you should remove it" or "I think that body kit looks ugly, I'd go with the...." etc, etc, etc. Most people don't get overly upset about it though. To most people, it's like "Hey, some 24yr old kid in AZ doesn't like my rims/mudflaps/graphics/whatever.... big deal"

We could go on all day debating if mudflaps are worth the hassle/eye-sore/money to stop the very few minor rock chips from your tires, while ignoring the other 99% that come up off other cars, trucks, etc..

- Jason

P.S. If anyone took personal offense to me not liking their mudflaps, I'm sorry. I didn't know my opinion meant so much to you, but I'm flattered. It was not a personal attack though. I learned in kindergarten that not everyone will like like what you do, and I learned to get over it.

Last edited by LancerOZ; Oct 27, 2004 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: New Mud Flaps for EVO's!