Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

New Mud Flaps for EVO's!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2004, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid! What's taking this long?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by modvp
I paid! What's taking this long?
If you read some of the earlier posts I explained the problems Rallyarmor had with these flaps. Once again, I have the actual flaps the hardware should be in my hands either tomorrow or Saturday then they need to be packed. I know you guys are anxious, but until I get everything you need for install I can't ship them out.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

LancerOZ: No problem here. I just wanted you to realize that these do work for the job they were designed to do. Other rock chips, well, they can be handled with a car bra, 3M clear bra, or through some other means. Of course, those things all cost $200+, and it's understandable why.

I didn't mean to insult all Lancer owners or anything like that. I was attempting to add some humor to the drama as well, with the whole "you got smoked by a car with mudflaps" thing.

In the end, we all do have our own likes and dislikes. However, my style is more towards preservation and form-following-function. I'd rather the paint on my car stay intact than worry about if the mudflaps make it look bad. these things come off quickly, in case I am afraid of being ridiculed when I go out on the weekends or when I cruise around town. The Ralliart mud flaps did the same, although I never took them off, because I really didn't care if they were asthetically pleasing or not.

Anyway...

Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
LancerOZ: No problem here. I just wanted you to realize that these do work for the job they were designed to do. Other rock chips, well, they can be handled with a car bra, 3M clear bra, or through some other means. Of course, those things all cost $200+, and it's understandable why.

I didn't mean to insult all Lancer owners or anything like that. I was attempting to add some humor to the drama as well, with the whole "you got smoked by a car with mudflaps" thing.

In the end, we all do have our own likes and dislikes. However, my style is more towards preservation and form-following-function. I'd rather the paint on my car stay intact than worry about if the mudflaps make it look bad. these things come off quickly, in case I am afraid of being ridiculed when I go out on the weekends or when I cruise around town. The Ralliart mud flaps did the same, although I never took them off, because I really didn't care if they were asthetically pleasing or not.

Anyway...

Cool.

And I'd like to apologize to everyone. Re-reading my _original_ post, it was way overly offensive/harsh.... but I really didn't mean it to come off that way. I sincerely apologize to all..... It was meant to be "joking" with that ricer stuff, but even I can tell from re-reading that it comes off as a flamer.

Again, I apologize to anyone I annoyed, I'll definitely be more careful in wording my opinions on here, because that was overly-harsh. Best of wishes to all in their driving and life endeavors!

- Jason
Old Oct 29, 2004, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates?
Old Oct 30, 2004, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

put me on the list

is the hardware in yet?
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

So...how are we looking for shipping these out? Did you get the hardware? If not then do you have an update as to when you expect to get them?

Also, I went to your website and clicked on the WRX installation link and I get a "cannot find server" error. I did this just to see what may be involved since you mentioned earlier it will be similar in procedure. It has been like this for almost a week. I hope that you guys either send installation directions with them (which in my opinion is the proper way a product should be sold) or get on the ball and put up intallation directions on your site (with a link that works).

I am not trying to be a pain...but like everyone else I want to get these on before the snow hits and it would be fustrating to have to wait for installation instructions days after the product is shipped. Especially since you guys already installed them on the red evo so I don't see any reason not to have the directions already done.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I emailed rallyarmor a few days about install instructions and they said they will put the Evo 8 instructions after they get the hardware.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the update skiracer.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:56 AM

Packing them up today...printing up all the shipping labels as well.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ty-Evo8
....I hope that you guys either send installation directions with them....
Even if they don't come with instructions, I was planning on doing an install write up on them anyway. I've done the Ralliart ones before using only the Japanese instructions and it's very easy. In fact, if you look inside the fender wells, you can see the factory bolts that you will remove and then reinstall with the Rallyarmor brackets in place. Instalation takes about 20-30 minutes from start to finish and does not require you to remove any of the wheels.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Location: 85296, 99519, 96817,98310,07306,10461(HomeSweetHome), & 00739
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it's just started snowing today and need the mud flaps as well ASAP
Old Nov 1, 2004, 02:11 PM
Account Disabled

put me down for a set let me know when you get em and ill paypal ya
Old Nov 2, 2004, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MauroMotorsports
Packing them up today...printing up all the shipping labels as well.

...shipped today?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by modvp
...shipped today?
Taken from the Mauro Motorsports Homepage:

"THE OFFICE OF MAUROMOTORSPORTS WILL BE CLOSED NOVEMBER 2nd - 5th SINCE WE WILL BE ATTENDING THE SEMA SHOW IN LAS VEGAS. ONLY ONLINE ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED DURING THIS TIME. EXPECT SHIPPING DELAYS OF 2-3 DAYS."

So WTF does that mean for us?

-M

Quick Reply: New Mud Flaps for EVO's!