Notices

Engine Dampner for your EVO 8

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, I've made my mind up. I'm gonna order one tomorrow. It'll be an early birthday present to myself. hahahah. wanna cut me a special birthday price. hahahahah.... thanks.

-Chad-
Old Oct 12, 2004, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an idea for people who are concerned with the difference in height with the strut bars.

Step 1) Measure the thickness of the bracket that goes under the passenger side strut.
Step 2) Record measurements and drive over to Home Depot or Lowe's or similar.
Step 3) Go find a washer with the same thickness and with a hole large enough to accomodate the strut bolts.
Step 4) Put them one!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvilBlueEvo8
i still dont know if i trust weapon r
It's a $116.00 engine damper, not a major component.

- Jason
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TRDHarrier
I got an idea for people who are concerned with the difference in height with the strut bars.

Step 1) Measure the thickness of the bracket that goes under the passenger side strut.
Step 2) Record measurements and drive over to Home Depot or Lowe's or similar.
Step 3) Go find a washer with the same thickness and with a hole large enough to accomodate the strut bolts.
Step 4) Put them one!
with the bar having only one brace it already raises the bar to a point where the middle mounting point (firewall) becomes almost inaccessable, it took two of my friends leaning on my strut bar ar to get it low enough to where i could fit in the bolt easily. if there were a brace/spacer on each side, the strut bar would sit too high & you would not be able to attach the center mounting point without some tweaking of the bar
Old Oct 12, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

the finish of the mounting braces is raw steel, not polished or painted & the dampner/cartridge peice needs some tweaking to get it to fit tight, without rattling.

also, the upper A/C line (hard line) was in contact with the bracket/dampner when i did my install & required me to "Adjust" the A/C line by flipping the A/C line's mounting bracket on & tweaking the lower bracket that came with the dampner 5 deg' so it didnt chaff the flex section of the A/C line

once you paint the bracket, flip the A/C mount & tweak the lower dampner mount slightly. this product really works as advertised. limiting engine movement & making shifting much easier, as well as virtually eliminating clutch chatter when the car is driven lightly when cold

in product quality, id give it a 6/10 but in effectiveness, id say 9/10
Old Oct 12, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CharlieGsanD
with the bar having only one brace it already raises the bar to a point where the middle mounting point (firewall) becomes almost inaccessable, it took two of my friends leaning on my strut bar ar to get it low enough to where i could fit in the bolt easily. if there were a brace/spacer on each side, the strut bar would sit too high & you would not be able to attach the center mounting point without some tweaking of the bar
You can always slot the holes on the bar's center mounts. It would probably have cleaner if they designed the bracket to mount on top of the strut bar.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone has any more pictures of their damper, please post them here
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks nice but put your cam gear cover on jackass!
Old Oct 13, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Look closer. It is on.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Prostreetonline, do you think you can get with WR to enhance that bracket on the strut brace so it can be a simple complete bolton? I love this product but I don't want to be adjusting my a/c lines or tweaking anything in the engine bay for this product to fit. It looks like a simple bolton but many members have to tweak this and that for it to fit. If you guys can get WR to do something so it will be a easy complete bolton, I will buy.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Hey I ordered mine on the 11th and it is still in the processing stage, what gives?
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
Prostreetonline, do you think you can get with WR to enhance that bracket on the strut brace so it can be a simple complete bolton? I love this product but I don't want to be adjusting my a/c lines or tweaking anything in the engine bay for this product to fit. It looks like a simple bolton but many members have to tweak this and that for it to fit. If you guys can get WR to do something so it will be a easy complete bolton, I will buy.
GREDDY,

I understand your concern. It is infact a simple bolt-on. It does touch the A/C line, but its nothing that will hurt or damage anything for you to need to move it. We have been working with Weapon R, and sending them everyone's feedback.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOFREAK
Hey I ordered mine on the 11th and it is still in the processing stage, what gives?
EVOFREAK - I'm not sure why your status hasn't been updated. Email me at alex@prostreetonline.com with your full name or customer number, and I'll get you your tracking number ASAP. Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostreetonline
GREDDY,

I understand your concern. It is infact a simple bolt-on. It does touch the A/C line, but its nothing that will hurt or damage anything for you to need to move it. We have been working with Weapon R, and sending them everyone's feedback.

Thanks!
Thanks guys, please update us on Weapon R's whereabouts and what their plans are. I think this item will be a very hot seller here at EVOm.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Can you tell Weapon R to make a front strut brace for the the Evo with the mounting hole on the strut brace. This way the dampner will line up straight and won't have any issue with clearance.

Quick Reply: Engine Dampner for your EVO 8