Notices

The DTEC is HERE!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004 | 07:02 AM
Account Disabled

The DTEC is HERE!

You've seen the ads in the magazines for the past several months and you've seen the posts mentioning the Game Boy Advance interface.....well the time is now and th DTEC's are finally done!

So what is a DTEC? The DTEC is an integrated gauge system and datalogger that uses the Gameboy Advance as its screen. The DTEC moniters boost, rpm, EGT, and vitually any other parameter of the car you ask it to! EGT and MAP sensors are included in the package. It can also datalog all these parameters simultanously, right to the Gameboy.

Future expansion of the DTEC platform will even allow you to fully adjust your UTEC (all parameters) and datalog via the Gameboy - that means no more need for a bulky laptop!

If you have the TXS Tuner, then this is where the fun starts! You'll now be able to moniter and datalog your wideband AFR, EGT, RPM, etc simultanously, and moniter it all on the Gameboy screen!

Each kit contains the DTEC, EGT sensor, MAP sensor, all required wiring, and a convenient mount. Gameboy Advance sold seperately. Priced at $585 shipepd in the 48 states.

We can also package these with one of the Tuner packages as well - package prices are on our site, and orders can be placed via Paypal or credit card at the link below:

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...mt&prodid=1185

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Oct 20, 2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Any pics of the Mount?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Finally . ONe question do u need to have the tuner to monitor EGT, etc....

Last edited by batty; Oct 20, 2004 at 09:08 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 08:53 AM
Account Disabled

SpecC - I'll get em posted to our site hopefully tonight
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 08:55 AM
Account Disabled

batty - you only need the tuner to moniter wideband AFR. The neat thing is there is a plug and play connector for the Tuner
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

z1, if i'm not running the UTEC, and just want to Game Boy to display boost / egt / etc., will this unit work?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 10:12 AM
Account Disabled

alex alex - yep, the package we have on our site would allow you to view/datalog boost, EGT and rpm in real time as a standalone piiece
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
alex alex - yep, the package we have on our site would allow you to view/datalog boost, EGT and rpm in real time as a standalone piiece

awesome how hard is the install for the sensors? is it just like the install for gauges?

is it possible to install if we already have gauges in the car?

Lastly, are there provisions on the DTEC for plugging the Game Boy into it for power? or does it need to run off its battery?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

that's pretty freakin cool. I can't wait to see some actuall screen shots of this mounted in someones car. IF I was to buy it. I would remove the factory radio and relocate it to the bottom. then I would make a tray for the gameboy to fit on. and if it would fit in the factory cd player location I would allow it to slid in and out of a special pocket. so I could put it away when I wasn't using it. I could buy come CF and make a little custom face plate to cover it all. that would be pretty cool. a poor mans in dash Tv. hahahaha j/k

-Chad-
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

alex alex - the sensors install just like when you install gauges - very easy to do. You need the Sensors supplied to work with the DTEC

As for powering the unit, thanks for asking - it's one of the neatest features! The Game Boy runs of the DTEC power - so it's always charging while the GB is plugged into the DTEC. The DTEC can be powered one of 2 ways - you can either hardwire it into the car for a more permenant install (this is another area where that plug and play wiring harness extender we sell comes in really handy!), or the DTEC also comes with its own cigarette lighter adapter! So you can make this a permenant fixture in the car, or just use it when you want

Adam
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

wow, i may just have to pick one of these up soon

do you happen to have a picture of the actual DTEC unit itself that would have to be mounted to the car?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

also, can you display mutiple settings on the screen at the same time, e.g. display the RPM's and Boost on the same monitor?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

sorry about the questions.

the boost sensor isn't out yet, correct?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

is there any possibility of turning the RPM display into some sort of shift light?
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

will it work in conjunction with the AEM EMS?

Quick Reply: The DTEC is HERE!