Perrin FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perrin FMIC

Perrin FMIC for EVO VIII

HUGE FRONT MOUNT DIRECT REPLACEMENT

No cutting necessary. The only HUGE intercooler which retains the factory crash beam. PERRIN is the only guaranteed DOT legal Intercooler upgrade.

The Perrin Front Mount intercooler kit includes new silicon adapters for the intercooler pipe, hardware, warranty card, instructions, and stickers. The Front Mount can also be used with any Vivid Racing approved aftermarket piping kits. The large bar and plate is designed to give you better cooling efficiency and hold all the way to 700+ horsepower. Comes without the Perrin logo painted on it and is always available through Vivid Racing, authorized distributor of Perrin Performance.

This is the same intercooler as featured on the famous Vivid Racing Project EVO. Vivid Racing's EVO has been featured in Sport Compact Car, Import Racer, Turbo Magazine, and Modified Magazine. This intercooler from Perrin gets the VR EVO VIII to over 550 Crank Horsepower. Race tested and daily driven approved by Vivid. To see installation by Vivid Racing CLICK HERE.

We are Master Distributors of Perrin Products!!! IN STOCK IN STOCK!!!

$869.99 plus shipping

Order? Questions? Pm me or call 1.866.44.vivid ext 226.

Jacky
Old Nov 17, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you paint the "perrin" on it???
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

How are the "fins" or "scales" on this intercooler. Sorry I don't know the techincal tern for them. the small areas in the front of the intercooler where the rocks seem to smash them in.

My Intercooler looks like beat up hamburger and I want an intercooler that the "fins" or "scales" are not going to bend in as easy. I understand that all intercooloser are subject to damage, but it seems like the stock intercooler damages so easily.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rraulston
can you paint the "perrin" on it???
That is a stencil you can get from perrin and have painted on.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by smokey
How are the "fins" or "scales" on this intercooler. Sorry I don't know the techincal tern for them. the small areas in the front of the intercooler where the rocks seem to smash them in.

My Intercooler looks like beat up hamburger and I want an intercooler that the "fins" or "scales" are not going to bend in as easy. I understand that all intercooloser are subject to damage, but it seems like the stock intercooler damages so easily.
they are a general pattern like most other intercoolers. looking at our perrin intercooler on the evo,l it has been through numerous track events, daily driven , and back and forth from california for car shows, and is still running strong and has a clean look. do dents or dings. just alot of bugs caught up in it. you can also buy a mesh grill to fit on your bumper to protect the intercooler.

jacky
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
they are a general pattern like most other intercoolers. looking at our perrin intercooler on the evo,l it has been through numerous track events, daily driven , and back and forth from california for car shows, and is still running strong and has a clean look. do dents or dings. just alot of bugs caught up in it. you can also buy a mesh grill to fit on your bumper to protect the intercooler.

jacky

Thank you for your input. I live in CO so the rocks are plentiful here...and they love to damage the intercooler.

I have heard that if you stick some mesh in front of your intercooler, that it can restircit the airflow into the intercooler, hense affecting the ability to produce the correct air flow and effecting the power....is this correct?
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by smokey
Thank you for your input. I live in CO so the rocks are plentiful here...and they love to damage the intercooler.

I have heard that if you stick some mesh in front of your intercooler, that it can restircit the airflow into the intercooler, hense affecting the ability to produce the correct air flow and effecting the power....is this correct?
it works fine for alot of cars i know of. depending on the mesh size too