Notices

New Product!! PLX Wideband 02!!

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cal that guage comes with it on the first page right??? reads real time?
Old May 12, 2005, 12:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys,

These FAQ might help clear up some of your questions.

Thanks,
Tom
Gruppes
510-783-5300

Can the M-Series narrowband output be used to replace my stock oxygen sensor?

Yes, if your vehicle comes equipped with a standard narrowband oxygen sensor, you can use the narrowband output (gray wire) to feed that directly into your ECU. This eliminates the hassle of having to weld a second oxygen sensor bung onto your downpipe.

Where is a good location to mount the wideband sensor?

Anywhere before the catalytic converter and approximately 24 inches downstream from the engine block or turbo is a good location. The sensor element will fail if it is exposed to exhaust gas temperatures above 850 deg Celsius. Both the Bosch and NTK sensor fit into 18 x 1.5mm thread.

Does the M-Series wideband controllers work with my engine management system?

If your engine management system (stand alone or piggy back), is capable of a 0-5V input signal and your software is capable of defining the relationship between voltage and air/fuel ratio, the M-Series Controllers will be compatible with your setup. Check out our Application Notes page for more information. If you have a successful setup that we have not published yet, let us know about it!

Can I run the wideband setup all the time in my vehicle or am I only limited to using it during tuning?

Yes, you can install the M-Series controllers permanently in your vehicle if you wish. It was designed to be a self contained unit small enough for non intrusive dash mounts. Its size is no larger than a typical radar detector. 4.5 X 2.625 X 0.9 inches (L x W x H).
Old May 23, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not listed on their site, but can you find out if the m300 will interface with the Apexi PowerFC running the FC Datalogit box? The box has 4 0-5v inputs for different devices, I just want to know if they've had anyone successfully use it with the PowerFC to datalog.

Thanks,

Tony