Notices

Dyno Flash "E FLASH!" now available

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 12:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by naucrx
Al, is this going to work on OBDII/laptop cables other than the Tactrix brand cable?

I am going to have to take advantage of an "E Flash" at one point to get me through emissions when the time comes since AEM EMS is not OBDII compliant.
I have no plans to work on using other cables - the tactrix cable is very reasonably priced and does a great job so I will go with that one
Old May 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice Al,
Old May 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sccavee
Al, with injection systems would you need to tune them on a dyno?
If you use the SMC/Buschur kits I can provide you with decent base maps that may only rtequire minor adjustment of the set points on the kit and or a minor global fuel adjustment

As for other kits like cooling mist and snow, and others they all must be custoim tuned

All i could offer you in those cases is a very good base map you would have to adjust the fuel trims yourself

IMHO alcohol kits which flow huge volumes of alcohol (more than 25% of the gasoline flow you are using) are NOT good ideas on street cars

My theory in setting up the SMC kit with Buschur was to use it as a slight tuning AIDE not to convert the car to 50% alcohol

Some of the new kits I am seeing from other vendors are more designed foir 5.0 L V8's IMHO
Old May 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Man i wish it worked with apple puters. I might have to get a pc jsut for this. Or a new intelmac
Old May 16, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Will this be available for the BuschurFlash (at a different price)?

Great idea...eliminates the downtime...which is the reason I haven't gotten a flash up til now.
Old May 16, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I dont see why it wouldnt work with Apple computers. If you go to openecu.org there is a driver you can download for the USB cable to work with your system. I have downloaded the Evo 8 Software to my PB G4 and it seems to work fine. When IX software is available, I will try it on my car and PB.
Old May 16, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

NICE,

I'll try this to see if I pickup a few ponies

I guess you can always go back.
Old May 16, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so al, is this disk that comes in the bundle going to have launch control(2-step)and boost control capabilities or what? i'd really like 21 psi w/stock boost control and a 6000 rpm 2-step.
Old May 16, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Al can your eflash control stock boost and keep it from tapering? I use 93 oct in the nyc area and I would like to be flashed for max safe boost with the following mods:

MODS: Full 3" TBE with test pipe, Walbro 255LPH, AEM INTAKE, AMS LICP, OBX FMIC, DEJONTOOL UICP with TURBOXS RFL style BOV, SAFCII

If you can do this I will send paypal and my rom file
Old May 16, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pog0
I dont see why it wouldnt work with Apple computers. If you go to openecu.org there is a driver you can download for the USB cable to work with your system. I have downloaded the Evo 8 Software to my PB G4 and it seems to work fine. When IX software is available, I will try it on my car and PB.
Can you post a link to the evo8 software. all i see is the windows version on there site, thanks
Old May 16, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

This is extremly nieve, but i'm assuming you need a laptop to attach to the other end of the cable, correct?
Old May 16, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by damianhindley
Can you post a link to the evo8 software. all i see is the windows version on there site, thanks
Ummm the version you see there is capable of reading and flashing evo8s as well as subies...there is no evo specific version, just use the one thats available it supports the evo8
Old May 16, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
This is extremly nieve, but i'm assuming you need a laptop to attach to the other end of the cable, correct?
Yes unless you want to drag a desktop out into your car with a power convertor? which I guess could be done? but laptop makes life easier
Old May 16, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
yes the cable is just the interface between the ecu and a computer...doesnt have to be a laptop, you can run an extended usb cable to a computer.
Old May 16, 2006, 01:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
Yes unless you want to drag a desktop out into your car with a power convertor? which I guess could be done? but laptop makes life easier
LOL I had a desktop machine in my shop, at least it was in my shop it was originally for a dyno I was going to put in, but I found a shop locally that has one (plus I would have had complaints from neighbors in a residential area).. you can use a pretty long cable if you needed to like that..

Quick Reply: Dyno Flash "E FLASH!" now available