Notices

Dyno Flash "E FLASH!" now available

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by damianhindley
I just tried the ecuflash program on my mac. it opens tries to open it as an exe file. so will not work. So yeah untill its made for mac i guess its a no go. oh poo. Look like a good program though, I just want it so i can set my launch control based on track conditions.
Of course not. Ecuflash is compiled to win32. It's not going to work natively anywhere else. Although, it might work under wine.

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
You can run a PC emulator app, install a copy of windows XP or 2000, just make sure the emulator has USB passthrough so it sees USB devices plugged in..

I actually tried this on a machine (Windows server 2003) running VMWare, which has a USB passthrough and it works fine. Haven't tried a MAC running softPC or anything like that..
Oh yeah, it works in virtual PC and on native WinXP on my intel mac.

How offtopic are we now?

d
Old May 17, 2006, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a full custom tune late last summer on Buschur's dyno. Since the full custom tune includes free through the mail reflashes would that make me eligible for free through email reflashes?

Also, what are the consequences of interrupted communication between the computer and your ECU while it is writing? Would it kill the ECU? just curious.
Old May 17, 2006, 05:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I got a full custom tune late last summer on Buschur's dyno. Since the full custom tune includes free through the mail reflashes would that make me eligible for free through email reflashes?

Also, what are the consequences of interrupted communication between the computer and your ECU while it is writing? Would it kill the ECU? just curious.
I Actually e-mailed Dave this morning about that.. At least something similar since some of the staged upgrades offer a buschurflash option.. I would have to say as the tuners get more comfortable with the tool, its pretty likely, but I'll wait for a reply from him about my specific question and what the future looks like from them.

My gut is telling me that the staged maps for staged upgrades will almost certainly become available from most tuners as this tool gets more prevalant, just like you see in the honda community with their tuning tools..
Old May 17, 2006, 12:46 PM

Failed Mitsubishi flashes are very recoverable. The process of reflashing does not require any valid data to be in the main flash area, so no matter how screwed up the image you may flash (or fail to flash) into ECU may be, you can always just flash again.

Old May 17, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

I am not by any means questioning this post just want to see if somebody else can verify this. I just want to make sure flashing an evo ecu or flashing it back to stock can be idiot proof.

Originally Posted by colby
Failed Mitsubishi flashes are very recoverable. The process of reflashing does not require any valid data to be in the main flash area, so no matter how screwed up the image you may flash (or fail to flash) into ECU may be, you can always just flash again.
Old May 17, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

just make sure you save your stock rom file in 2 locations. It has your immobilizer code in it.
Old May 17, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

I'm ready to buy the bundled package now.

When is this going to be ready Al?
Old May 17, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kapolani
I'm ready to buy the bundled package now.

When is this going to be ready Al?
+1! come on al, we're all waiting!
Old May 17, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by hondafan
+1! come on al, we're all waiting!
+2 money in hand saves me a trip or downtime im in
Old May 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

is it $50 for everybody, which includes newcommers and already flashed cars?
Old May 17, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

ahh i wish this worked on mac's
Old May 17, 2006, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by colby
I have found this also to be the case on the 8's

However - the IX's have shown themselves to be a bit more fussy (maybe you can solve that problem?)
Old May 17, 2006, 06:53 PM
Account Disabled

E FLASH! is $49.99
Old May 17, 2006, 07:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
is it $50 for everybody, which includes newcommers and already flashed cars?
E FLASH! is $49.99 for anyone who follows the guidlines posted in thread # 1 above

Remember the E FLASH! is a base map designed to safely run your car with the modifications you have specified. Generally the maps are very close and will require no tuning but you should always test them with the proper data logging equipment and wide band. (If you dont have proper data logging and wideband you have no business IMHO buying a ecu flash cable in the first place). Just my two cents.

My idea with this application is to offer an affordable option for those who insist on trying to play about themselves, borrowing maps down loaded from quasi tuners and pals, etc etc etc. I think there is just a percentage who will not pay a trained, experienced tuner to set up a base map for them and I want to offer something so inexpensive and good that hopefully many people will save themselves a whole heap of stress and problems. (If I can earn a living at the same time great).

I think that people who try these maps will discover that they are very well developed and work very well on a wide variety of modifications.
Old May 17, 2006, 07:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just to show my faith in the ECUFlash product, Openport 1.3 Cable, and to support the tuners efforts, I will be asking Al at some point in the near future to build a base-map for my combination of hardware to give me a good starting point when I get my new turbo and injectors installed. I am confident that I can do it myself, but it can't hurt to enlist the help of an expert.

Quick Reply: Dyno Flash "E FLASH!" now available