Notices

Dyno Flash "E FLASH!" now available

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok...Im understanding this but having a hard time following 100%

I have NO engine management system. I was going to buy a reflash from Al for 200 bucks, the mail in.

But if I am understanding....there is a cable to buy....hook up this cable to the OBD-II port, Al sends an email with the attached file.

You use EcuFlash or whatever to reflash the ECU with this map.

Now, complete for 49.99? Nothing except the cable and the filed flash from Al...
Old May 17, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
ok...Im understanding this but having a hard time following 100%

I have NO engine management system. I was going to buy a reflash from Al for 200 bucks, the mail in.

But if I am understanding....there is a cable to buy....hook up this cable to the OBD-II port, Al sends an email with the attached file.

You use EcuFlash or whatever to reflash the ECU with this map.

Now, complete for 49.99? Nothing except the cable and the filed flash from Al...
For you to use the EFLASH! you need 4 things:

1. Download the ecuflash software.
2. Purchase the tactrix reflashing cable
3. Use the software and cable to download your ECU ROM.
4. Email the ROM info to AL and Pay him $49.99

To save Al the time I will repeat points he has already made:

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
E FLASH! is $49.99 for anyone who follows the guidlines posted in thread # 1 above

Remember the E FLASH! is a base map designed to safely run your car with the modifications you have specified. Generally the maps are very close and will require no tuning but you should always test them with the proper data logging equipment and wide band. (If you dont have proper data logging and wideband you have no business IMHO buying a ecu flash cable in the first place). Just my two cents.

My idea with this application is to offer an affordable option for those who insist on trying to play about themselves, borrowing maps down loaded from quasi tuners and pals, etc etc etc. I think there is just a percentage who will not pay a trained, experienced tuner to set up a base map for them and I want to offer something so inexpensive and good that hopefully many people will save themselves a whole heap of stress and problems. (If I can earn a living at the same time great).
Old May 17, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Very interesting... can the dealership identify that you've modded the factory ecu if you reflash back to stock (saving stock rom prior to "updating" it)? Approximately how many times can you reflash the computer? Is it true 1-300x?
Old May 17, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Got it now. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Very interesting... can the dealership identify that you've modded the factory ecu if you reflash back to stock (saving stock rom prior to "updating" it)? Approximately how many times can you reflash the computer? Is it true 1-300x?
If you are truly interested in the E FLASH! and the ecuflash software..I recommend reading the threads in this forum. All your question have been discussed in multiple threads. -Gabe
Old May 17, 2006, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

im sorry if this has been covered on one of the threads, but if i dont know anything about tuning my car....should i get this or a mail-in flash?
Old May 17, 2006, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NvsEvo
im sorry if this has been covered on one of the threads, but if i dont know anything about tuning my car....should i get this or a mail-in flash?
Stick with the mail-in...The cost difference is marginal. Info here:

http://www.dynoflash.com/indttm.htm
Old May 18, 2006, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

E FLASH! is $49.99
I guess I'll just have to mail it in.

Is the new E Flash not the same as the maps that you put in during a custom tune? I would think that mailing it to you and having you do as supposed to me buying the cable and emailing the map to me and having me do it is the same. Am I wrong? Wouldn't emailing it to me save us both time and shipping worries?
Old May 18, 2006, 09:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I guess I'll just have to mail it in.

Is the new E Flash not the same as the maps that you put in during a custom tune? I would think that mailing it to you and having you do as supposed to me buying the cable and emailing the map to me and having me do it is the same. Am I wrong? Wouldn't emailing it to me save us both time and shipping worries?
Your inquiry really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread

I am offering an emailing map service - E FLASH! - where I can email hexadecimal tuning maps modified to match specific modifications to end users for $49.99

There has been some confusion regarding how I do this and if proper credit is given for various free ware softwears being used.

I would state that it is expected that all end users will use the openecu.org version of ecuflash to load the maps I am supplying and anyone who wishes to use EFLASH! will have to buy the Tactrix $89.99 flashing cable (ecu flash).

I am not however using ecu flash to edit my maps - rather I use a raw hex editor - Large Lite from Tech Tom which I am very familialr with. The end result is the same as with any hex editor - you are buying the hex data.

If you want the E FLASH! service from myself its $49.99

If you want to send in your ecu for a install of a free map you are free to do that at any time and I will process it. Keep in mind that we do charge a $75 shipping, handling and administration fee to cover my expenses in doing an update flash which includes fed ex standard overnight insured return shipping.

I would ask if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns you PM me as there is way too many off topic remarks in this thread already.
Old May 18, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

I would ask if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns you PM me as there is way too many off topic remarks in this thread already.
Al,
Ok. Now it makes a little more sense. I figured that E flash is a little different than you doing the custom tune.

I sent you a PM a few days ago before even posting here, but I never got a response. I figured this would be a much quicker way to get a response. Thanks.
Old May 18, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

bump for tactrix and their expanding business.....I used the tactrix cable with the taridl1 logger.....worked really nice.
Old May 18, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
I definitely give Al credit for quickly realizing that this new technology could devastate his mail-in reflash business if he didn't adapt immediately. Of course, there is no real substitute for custom tuning, so that market should be somewhat less affected.
Ditto, very smart.
Old May 19, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

I want a flash! Any updates for the IX?
Old May 20, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Ditto on that. Actually, I'm curious to know whether its coming soon or a long way off etc. I get my IX next week and I will probably just do the mail in unless the eflash will be coming soon.

Originally Posted by SP00LIN
I want a flash! Any updates for the IX?
Old May 20, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Smogrunner
I definitely give Al credit for quickly realizing that this new technology could devastate his mail-in reflash business if he didn't adapt immediately. Of course, there is no real substitute for custom tuning, so that market should be somewhat less affected.
Smogrunner,

Good observation. I see this issue from a total different perpective though. I never fear that Al would be devastated by competitors because he did not adapt because if you pay attention you will see that Al dominate this unique stock ECU flashing technology.

Over and over I proved my local friends that is NOT neccesary to go and buy a expensive aftermarket computer when Al can do the same for virtually a fraction of the cost.

If you look at the competitors you will find out that other vendors needs their Xede, their P2, their UTEC, their Ecutek and all other expensive components to perform the same funtion.

Al simply has surpass his own expectation with his products, he devoted huge amount of money, times , testing and dedication to bring us such high standards of performance on such tight and affordable budget.

This is a wake up call to you Evo owners to let you know that you don't need to spend big $$ in aftermarket ECU because Dynoflash can do much more a much less.

Al keep up the good work buddy, we love your product. We appreciate your tuning talent.

Carlos

Quick Reply: Dyno Flash "E FLASH!" now available