Notices

HorsepowerFreaks GT35R Turbo Kits IN STOCK!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HorsepowerFreaks GT35R Turbo Kits IN STOCK!

EDIT!: Kits now available for $3390 shipped! See my post #3 for details!

For all those that have been waiting, our turbo kits are now in stock and ready to ship! The introductory price for EvoM members is $4490 and we will ship the first 10 kits sold for free! I've made 535whp on race fuel and the stock 2.0L bottom end with one maxed out Walbro and 403whp at 21 psi on straight 92 octane pump gas and no methanol in my Evo with this kit. I'm shooting for 600whp on the stock internals as soon as our twin pump/dual feed rail fuel system is completed and will go even further after it's stroked! Here are some pictures of the complete kit laid out, installed, and the turbo and manifold on their own. The quality of materials and worksmanship is evident; there is no other kit I'd prefer to run on my personal car.

You will receive a 4" intake and K+N filter, equal-length manifold with T4 turbo flange and Tial v-band wastegate flange, HPF spec GT35R, Tial 44mm v-band wastegate and v-band dump tube, 3.5" downpipe, lower intercooler piping, all oil and water lines/fittings and gaskets as well as manifold hardware.

Most details on the kit can be found in our dyno results thread here - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=212447

And additional information about what is included in the kit and features can be seen here - HPF GT35R Turbo Kit

Please don't hesitate to call me directly with any questions you may have. Thanks guys!

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104

Last edited by HPF Tom; Aug 8, 2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:25 AM

The HPF GT35R T4 turbo kits are built around raw power potential, reliability and durability.

The turbo manifolds were designed to maximize power out of the 4G63 by employing several methods. 1) 10 degree merge collectors create more power by creating a vacuum in the 2 adjacent runners, 2) the collector angle of our turbo manifold matches the turbo inlet angle which linearly increasing the velocity of the exhaust as it enters the turbo, and 3) our manifolds have been built such that every runner is the same length.

To drive power potential even further, our T4 flanged manifold will allow a much wider range of larger turbos to be used than a comparable T3. It will also flow more air allowing the engine to breathe at higher rpms and boost levels.

Our kits come with a 3.5" downpipe that will decrease back pressure significantly over a 3" downpipe. Our downpipe also expands to 3.5 inches faster than any other downpipe on the market.

The HPF GT35R T4 turbo comes with a huge T4 exhaust housing which provides greater power gains over the comparable T3 exhaust housing by increasing flow and decreasing back pressure.

We didn't want any oil feed failures that I've seen in many cars, so we had a brake manufacturer build our oil feed lines. These are Teflon lined brake lines built to withstand extremely hot temperatures and pressures up to 3000psi.

If you have any other questions about these kits, feel free to email or PM us.

Take care,
Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; Aug 3, 2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Hot off the presses! We are now offering the HorsepowerFreaks turbo kits in a coated finish and with a standard bearing version of the 35R center section. The rest of the kit and its design remains exactly the same which means the same awesome quality and killer power potential at incredible cost savings for you. Our original all stainless steel and ball-bearing center section kits will still be available at $4490 shipped for EvoM members and are in stock! Pricing for the coated/standard bearing turbo kit to EvoM members:

$3390 shipped!!!

Coated kits w/ ball-bearing GT35R turbochargers are also available at

$3990 shipped!!!

That is not a misprint, just crazy low pricing for a very high end turbo kit! You can reach me for any further details directly by phone or IM.

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104
AIM: HPF Tom

Last edited by HPF Tom; Aug 9, 2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

I am assuming that you have to get your brand test pipe or HF cat and cat-back exhaust to mate with your downpipe.....
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvOcHaRgeR
I am assuming that you have to get your brand test pipe or HF cat and cat-back exhaust to mate with your downpipe.....
The kit will be available with the downpipe in a 2-bolt 3" flange to fit nearly every other aftermarket exhaust on the market or as we recommend it, flanged for our 3.5" downpipe-back exhaust system for maximum flow. Either way you will be receiving a 3.5" downpipe with the kit which could be modified down the line for our exhaust system if you didn't want to purchase it at the same time.

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HPF Chris
The HPF GT35R T4 turbo kits are built around raw power potential, reliability and durability.

The turbo manifolds were designed to maximize power out of the 4G63 by employing several methods. 1) 10 degree merge collectors create more power by creating a vacuum in the 2 adjacent runners, 2) the collector angle of our turbo manifold matches the turbo inlet angle which linearly increasing the velocity of the exhaust as it enters the turbo, and 3) our manifolds have been built such that every runner is the same length.

To drive power potential even further, our T4 flanged manifold will allow a much wider range of larger turbos to be used than a comparable T3. It will also flow more air allowing the engine to breathe at higher rpms and boost levels.

Our kits come with a 3.5" downpipe that will decrease back pressure significantly over a 3" downpipe. Our downpipe also expands to 3.5 inches faster than any other downpipe on the market.

The HPF GT35R T4 turbo comes with a huge T4 exhaust housing which provides greater power gains over the comparable T3 exhaust housing by increasing flow and decreasing back pressure.

We didn't want any oil feed failures that I've seen in many cars, so we had a brake manufacturer build our oil feed lines. These are Teflon lined brake lines built to withstand extremely hot temperatures and pressures up to 3000psi.

If you have any other questions about these kits, feel free to email or PM us.

Take care,
Chris.
On the down pipe.....it loooks like an O2 bung directly on top of the pipe. Am I seeing this correctly. Wouldnt this cause some interference with the chasis. Looks like its close.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

thats where i have my wide band on a similar set up tons of room up there

So for 3390 you get coated steel, no stainless

Last edited by Spaceball 1; Aug 9, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:47 PM

1100 off thats cool
Old Aug 9, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

3390 for the non-ball bearing GT35 turbo, wow I didn't realize that the dual-bearing option is like 1100 more. When a ball-bearing GT35R goes for 1200-1300 for just the turbo new and the standard version is like couple hundred less......
Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DRFTKNGG
On the down pipe.....it loooks like an O2 bung directly on top of the pipe. Am I seeing this correctly. Wouldnt this cause some interference with the chasis. Looks like its close.
As mentioned by Spaceball 1 below, there is a large amount of clearance around the sensor to the body in that location. There is also an empty grommet that leads right underneath the front of your center console directly above that location for a very clean installation of the wideband controller.

Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
So for 3390 you get coated steel, no stainless
That is correct. With the quality coating process these receive the longevity of the kit will be uncompromised.

Originally Posted by wikid4.6
1100 off thats cool
I agree! Given the fact that this kit will achieve nearly identical numbers to our top of the line stainless/ball-bearing kits it's really a great deal.

3390 for the non-ball bearing GT35 turbo, wow I didn't realize that the dual-bearing option is like 1100 more. When a ball-bearing GT35R goes for 1200-1300 for just the turbo new and the standard version is like couple hundred less......
The coated kits are available with the ball bearing GT35R and I've now included that as an option as well. The ball-bearing turbos are $600 more expensive and we will offer that upgrade at no additional markup - $3990 shipped to your front door for that package.

Tom
1-866-HPF-5600 x 104
Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

How much for just the downpipe with the 2 bolt flange from this kit and can you add a flexpipe with it?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:52 PM
Account Disabled

so tempting
Old Aug 10, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

How much for just the downpipe with the 2 bolt flange from this kit and can you add a flexpipe with it?
Due to the tight tolerances with our kits and fitment issues using other components, the pieces will not be sold separately.

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
so tempting
You're telling me I'm dying to get the car back with the new 1000whp fuel system we're developing so I can turn up the boost and play!

Tom
Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

still in stock.

Last edited by HPF Kyle; Aug 17, 2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

I expect our fuel rail to be completed and in hand by next week so we can really show you guys what this kit is capable of. We are keeping each and every one of the parts in our Evo product line, including our turbo kits, in stock for immediate shipment at all times. Place an order today, it ships today! No waiting for group buys or build times!

Tom