Notices

ETS - Intercoolers Galore!! ** PICS , Dyno Testing and More!! **

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also before I forget, just to give some guys a little help if they decide to purchase the ETS radiator pipe. When installing expect to lose some coolant, so make sure prior to install you purchase some 50/50 engine coolant/water mix. Once you remove the stock radiator pipe, stuff the radiator with a rag as well as the opening to the thermastat. Connect the thermestate end first and do not tighten the clamps. When you get ready to connect the end to the radiator, slide the coupler as far on the radiator pipe as you can, because you will have to pry the coupler onto the radiator. You will either need strong finger power or a flat head screw driver to get the coupler onto the radiator. Once it is on, tighten the clams and you are good to go.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
here are a couple pics of it.

Here is also ETS's radiator pipe which is also great fitment in case anyone is interested in purchasing it from them.
What size core is this dude? And can you still retain the factory black mesh/grill in front of the IC?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

This is the 3inch core, and yes you can retain the crash beam for this core and the 3.5inch core. I on the other hand could not retain the crash beam because my APR bumper would not fit over it. But the crash beam fit perfect over the intercooler. I just ended up having to remove mine due to the new bumper. And yes the factory mesh grill still fits. There will be no moddifying what so ever on your end as long as you stick to the 3 or 3.5inch core
Old Feb 1, 2010, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the reply sgt

Does anyone know what kind of modifying of the crash beam needs to be done in order to fit the 4" core. Does this "modifying" of the crash beam make the car unsafe? or more dangerous to drive?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

I will answer that for you also. For the 4 inch core you will either need to remove the entire crash beam, or you will need to do a trim on the inner portion of the crash beam on the ends of it where the end tanks touch. Also with the 4 inch core you will need to trim up some parts of the front bumper that hold the mesh on. We had to do this on my friends Evo IX when we installed the four inch. But honestly, I would stick to the 3 or 3.5 inch core because they can hold a considerably large amount of HP. I have no complaints. The stock intercooler is good up to about 400 awhp. ETS 3 super sieds that.

As far as being unsafe to drive, the crash beam removal will **** off your insurance company because you take away the structural integrity of the car. Unless you are pushing some serious power and need the 4 inch or above then do so. Other then that dont go over 3.5, its probably not needed. If you remove the crash beam, and you get into a fender bender, or hit something, your intercooler is done as well as w/e else you damage.

ETS Michael chime in any time lol. Or give me a part time job lol.

Last edited by ssg_petty_210; Feb 1, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
I will answer that for you also. For the 4 inch core you will either need to remove the entire crash beam, or you will need to do a trim on the inner portion of the crash beam on the ends of it where the end tanks touch. Also with the 4 inch core you will need to trim up some parts of the front bumper that hold the mesh on. We had to do this on my friends Evo IX when we installed the four inch. But honestly, I would stick to the 3 or 3.5 inch core because they can hold a considerably large amount of HP. I have no complaints. The stock intercooler is good up to about 400 awhp. ETS 3 super sieds that.

As far as being unsafe to drive, the crash beam removal will **** off your insurance company because you take away the structural integrity of the car. Unless you are pushing some serious power and need the 4 inch or above then do so. Other then that dont go over 3.5, its probably not needed. If you remove the crash beam, and you get into a fender bender, or hit something, your intercooler is done as well as w/e else you damage.

ETS Michael chime in any time lol. Or give me a part time job lol.
Thanks for the detailed explanation sgt!!

Just wondering does anyone have any pics of an install of the 4" core on a IX and exactly what trimming needs to be done? Would be good to see pics!
Also, on the ETS site it says you can run a spacer behind the crash beam to clear the 4" core.. Is this safe or dangerous for a daily driver?

Can you still run the factory IC waterspray with the 3.5" and 4" cores? Thanks!

Last edited by blkVII; Feb 2, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Bump!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Bump anyone know the answers to my questions pleeease???
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

All Pm's should be sent!

Thanks!

Michael
Old Feb 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my FMIC and Small Battery today! Super quick shipping, these guys are the best. Thanks Michael
Old Mar 2, 2010, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump w/ a couple pics of our shop evo 8 (not many people have seen this car yet)

Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you guys still offering free shipping
looking for a 3 inch core for a X though
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2010, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Pm sent!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member