Notices

3 Dollar Shipping at Kartboy

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much for the exhaust hangers/shortshifter w/knob altogether?
Old May 31, 2004, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hum... i still didn't get my t-shirt with my order.. i had a 150+order...
Old May 31, 2004, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Evo Dadi
shoot me a email

Han74j
send a email to shipping@kartboy with your order number and we can get one out to you.

Tom
Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:24 PM

Got the exhaust hangers for my EVO the other day and installed them this weekend. I was unaware that these were not direct stock replacements in that I thought that they were actually the same size as stock just more rigid. I was obviously wrong and the difference is so great that my exhaust with the Kartboy hanger installed touched my bumper thus making it unusable. I was needless to say pretty disappointed in this. So tell me why these are not the same size as stock? If they were (as I gathered from your statement that they were "direct replacements") they would work better than stock for me. Keep in mind I do have an after market exhaust (as I would expect most people ordering this will/would/will have) so if you have a stock exhaust it might work great, heck if you have any exhasut other than the Espiler JGT500 it might work great, but for me it didn't. Thank you.

James
Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Hi
i just took at look at that JGT500 exhaust and it is WAY close even with the stock hangers
the hole centers with our hangers are the same as stock, altho we use a hardend urethane there will be less sagg like the stock ones will give you.
i've personally installed a few dozen sets of hangers on almost as many exhausts but that one looks like they raised the mounts up quite a bit over stock.
if the hangers are in a resellable condition we'll take them back.
sorry they didnt work out for your exhaust setup.

Tom
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:15 PM

I can take pictures of the size difference. It is every bit the reason this doesn't work with this exhaust. I am not going to return them, they are used and I feel that you didn't really anticipate me using this exhaust so it is on me, but thanks for offering. I still am curious as to why you didn't just make them the stock size? Thanks for the time, and they are a lot hardier than stock I'll give you that.

James
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

hey Tom,
what kind of deal can you put together for the shifter bushings and a shift knob?
TIA.

Terrence
Old Jun 8, 2004, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by co_evo
I can take pictures of the size difference. It is every bit the reason this doesn't work with this exhaust. I am not going to return them, they are used and I feel that you didn't really anticipate me using this exhaust so it is on me, but thanks for offering. I still am curious as to why you didn't just make them the stock size? Thanks for the time, and they are a lot hardier than stock I'll give you that.

James
yes please send some pix to tom@kartboy. what hanger are you referring to? i 'll double check the ones we have at the shop with our factory hangers. i was almost positive that the hole centers were the same.

Terrance
shoot me a email too

tom
Old Jun 8, 2004, 08:18 PM

I'm working on it.

James
Old Oct 15, 2004, 11:59 PM

Has anybody had problems using the Kartboy exhaust hangers on the RS-R GT2 with HKS downpipe? I have an issue of rubbing against the car. I hope these hangers take care of the issue. If you have any comments please hook a brotha up!
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:46 AM

can you sell just downpipe hangers? i have the JGT 500 also but i am happy with how the stocks are handling it. i would like to purchase just the downpipe hangers please.

thanks
ryan
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Warning to all with the RMR catback, the rear Kartboy hangers will bring the exhaust tip to such an angle that it will nuke your rear bumper, I now know this , otherwise I love the way the hangers have gotten rid of the sway of the exhaust.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:03 PM

Well, if they're nuking the rear bumper. Man, as it is stock it's almost touching the rear bumper. Damn. I'm worried that this fix action isn't going to work.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

i would love to know if i can use these hangers on an oz rally.....cause i got an rmr axel back that moves around like a muthaf*cka but i have the shark racing gt kit...i'm wondering if will still rub...the movement of my exhaust has actually damaged my bumper....sorry if this question has already been answered...but any input would be great..

Last edited by hectik; Oct 16, 2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would go to the dealership and compare the part numbers for the stock oz rally hangers and the part numbers for the evo hangers, I would bet that they would work though.

Quick Reply: 3 Dollar Shipping at Kartboy