Notices

Rmr Down Pipes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rmr Down Pipes

The RMR Evolution Down Pipe is all mandrel bent using all 304 stainless steal (including flanges.) It bolts directly to the manifold using all factory hardware and continues on to the factory catalytic. This pipe does not remove any catalytics on the car making it street legal! We will be posting all dyno figures by the end of this month. This is the best "bang for your buck" upgrade for the car. Don't miss out!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see the price...is it free?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

$269

because i like your attitude $269...
Old Feb 11, 2004, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

269 including shipping?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

What kind of gains could be expected from a mod like this.......what is the size differnence compared to the stock DP? Any sound differnence? Damn I hate being a NEWBIE!!!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

I've had the RMR downpipe for quite some time, coupled with a test pipe and JIC catback. It's well worth it when you hear Porsche owners say, "Damn, that thing sounds sexy." If you know any Porsche owners, it's not every day they say something like this. Not only that you definately notice the car doesnt feel as "bottled up."
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Does it require any modification to the sway bar? It sounds lilke a good deal and a good DP. I'm interested
Old Feb 12, 2004, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Talking the price doesn't include shipping...

for hp power from just the dp you can expect around 10hp... we have a used cat delete pipe, you can expect another 8hp from that... and with the cat-back exhaust you can expect anywhere from 12 to 25hp depending on the exhaust... i believe the stock dp is like 2.5" as well as the HKS one, but most of the others are 3" (obviously you'll gain more hp from the larger diameter pipe), but with a dp larger than 2.5" you'll to change the "underbrace"... and we have the perrin "underbrace" in stock and we are running a special with the perrin dp and cross/underbrace...
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

269 include shipping???? =]
Old Feb 13, 2004, 12:55 AM

I am actually in the market of buying a dp and a cat delete. I am considering buying a b&b dp, but is there any difference between the b&b and the rmr dp? If someone can let me know the difference or if any, i will be very greatful since i have been trying to decide what to buy for awhile now and its time to spend some $$$ on my baby!!

Jon
Old Feb 13, 2004, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

Dude get the RMR I got 21whp and 23 lb/ft fromthe rmr alone. Vivid is way off. this one of the best mods you do. However you will only clear one of the lower tiebars
Old Feb 13, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EVOFQ300
Dude get the RMR I got 21whp and 23 lb/ft fromthe rmr alone. Vivid is way off. this one of the best mods you do. However you will only clear one of the lower tiebars
Those are some amazing numbers. What all do you have installed to get those?? And this is with just the addition of the RMR downpipe?? Wow.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: the price doesn't include shipping...

Originally posted by VividRacing.com
for hp power from just the dp you can expect around 10hp... we have a used cat delete pipe, you can expect another 8hp from that... and with the cat-back exhaust you can expect anywhere from 12 to 25hp depending on the exhaust... i believe the stock dp is like 2.5" as well as the HKS one, but most of the others are 3" (obviously you'll gain more hp from the larger diameter pipe), but with a dp larger than 2.5" you'll to change the "underbrace"... and we have the perrin "underbrace" in stock and we are running a special with the perrin dp and cross/underbrace...
I am definitely interested!
I have already added an aftermarket 2.5" cat-back exhaust and am running the stock cat-con still. Will this downpipe bolt up correctly for me around the tie bars?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

btw: the stock downpipe is only 2.25in.... I remember someone on this board meajured it (while putting a new one in of course)
Old Feb 13, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

I added a new downpipe and felt nothing and I consider my butt dyno to be sensitive . Furthermore, Vivid is stating all these gains by adding a dp, test pipe (hoot hoot, you pollute!) and a cat back. Furthermore all these hp gains are stated, but are they cumulative? Furthermore, if you are running the stock cat, how does it benefit having the downpipe? It seems like all this air is rushing out of the dp then gets stuck at the cat because the cat stops the flow due to the initial taper and because, well, it's a cat.

Not clearing the lower tie bars is unfortunate since there are a lot of other companies who produce downpipes that do. RMR should consider redesigned their downpipe (maybe a 2.0 version?).

Quick Reply: Rmr Down Pipes