Notices

Oh Very Very Nice Indeed !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2004, 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh Very Very Nice Indeed !

Brand new from Vivid Racing are these Team Tech harness' for your motorsports needs. Sick of paying for expensive harness like Takata? Does everyone you know have them because it is cool? It is NOT!

Team Tech harness' are the same quality if not better then Takata. Using 3 inch reinforced material for the straps complete with clip in belts to provided eye bolts for easy use and safety. The 4 point harness all clip into the 5 point rotary release buckle. This buckle securely holds the belts in place and for quick exit a twist of the top lets all the belts come out and you are free.

The harness' are easily adjustable for length and fit most 2 and 4 seater vehicles. Including the eyebolts for mounting, the harness' include 2 shoulder straps and 2 lap straps. Harness' are sold per side. Same as used by Do-Luck Japan!
Team Tech 4 Point Racing Harness $189.99 !!!

Give me a call or drop me an email for more information!
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How difficult is the install with the stock EVO seats? Are they a legal replacement for seat belts?
Old Apr 23, 2004, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by kvcycle
How difficult is the install with the stock EVO seats? Are they a legal replacement for seat belts?
They are FIA approved and they do fit the stock Evo seats fairly easy.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by VividRacing.com

They are FIA approved and they do fit the stock Evo seats fairly easy.
Not to cockblock here - but I don't think FIA Legal = Street Legal. . .

I know it sound wierd, but SFI & FIA approvals don't mean that they're legal on the street. I however have NEVER been pulled over for WEARING an illegal seatbelt.

Just my $.02
Old Apr 25, 2004, 03:37 AM

If anything, I'd say a racing harness is definitely safer than a standard seatbelt, so you probably won't run into any problems with the local popo. for a great price and product.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 09:01 AM

Up here in Canada (At least, in Quebec), you WILL get pulled over for wearing a race harness... The only way they will let you do it is if you ALSO buckle the OEM belt...

:-/
Old Apr 25, 2004, 09:29 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Catspaw
If anything, I'd say a racing harness is definitely safer than a standard seatbelt, so you probably won't run into any problems with the local popo. for a great price and product.
That is very far from the truth depending on how you mount the belts. If the shoulder belts are mounted to the floor, or even the rear receptor in some cases, you run the risk of compressing your spine in a collision which will cause you serious damage. The ideal mounting location would be above, or level with, the shoulder line. Harnesses were intended for racing use and cars with roll cages where there is a decent mounting point.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 09:31 AM

If anything, I'd say a racing harness is definitely safer than a standard seatbelt, so you probably won't run into any problems with the local popo.
Unless you have a harness bar or roll cage mount, you'll be risking your life installing them. Not to spoil a party, but I would hate to see someone in the hospital for a minor wreck.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:01 AM

yeah if you wreck and those belts not mounted to a bar or something u will break your collar bones cause they are mounted to the back of the seat or floor i just saw it on trucks they put seat belts like that in a jeep and mounted the bar and explained what would happen if they werent mounted proper.

Basic