Notices

Genuine Italian leather shift boots - custom made for your car!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

another discount code following this clean shot of a very popular combo - red/black two-tone:

This code: NH6O3D4T003 is valid through May 1st!

Have a good weekend everyone,
Maciek
Old May 1, 2009, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Just received my -1 inch shift boot today to go with my TWM short shifter... installed easily... looks fantastic!!!

I would definitely recommend it!
Old May 1, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evazerone
Just received my -1 inch shift boot today to go with my TWM short shifter... installed easily... looks fantastic!!!

I would definitely recommend it!
not trying to be off topic. i actually had a redline shift boot in my IX...gotta get one for my X now.

but how do you like your twm short throw? its not more notchy than stock is it? is it smoother gear tranistions or the same? did you change any bushings?

thanks...cause after i did my short throw and bushings in my IX i think it felt more notchy.

btw...take some pics of your new boot
Old May 2, 2009, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
not trying to be off topic. i actually had a redline shift boot in my IX...gotta get one for my X now.

but how do you like your twm short throw? its not more notchy than stock is it? is it smoother gear tranistions or the same? did you change any bushings?

thanks...cause after i did my short throw and bushings in my IX i think it felt more notchy.

btw...take some pics of your new boot
Quick OT comment: The short shifter is great. With the addition of the TWM metal console bushings, the shifter feels a bit more crisp and clean. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the notchiness, but I feel its definitely much better than it was. I also like the straight-up orientation rather than the slight right-hand cant stock.

On topic comment: Without the Redline shift boot, the original boot and the short shifter looks like crap; too much loose material. The new boot smells, looks, and feels nice. I am definitely happy that I got rid of that pleather material of the stock boot, regardless if you do short throw or not.

Here you go. In neutral, third gear, and fourth gear.
Attached Thumbnails Genuine Italian leather shift boots - custom made for your car!-img_2106.jpg   Genuine Italian leather shift boots - custom made for your car!-img_2108.jpg   Genuine Italian leather shift boots - custom made for your car!-img_2109.jpg  
Old May 2, 2009, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

^^that looks great!

i might pick up that short throw down the line. i already have a twm shift knob from the G37 that i put in here now.

how much shorter did you make your new boot?
Old May 3, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

I opted for the 1" shorter and as you can see, red stitching. I could have gone with the 1.2" shorter since the TWM short shifter is 1.25" shorter, but I wanted to make sure there was enough material to fit properly. I think it looks just fine as it is. Also, I thought about going white stitching to match the steering wheel, but I liked the red "Type-R look" overall better. The best part of it is I like the fact I can customize it a bit before ordering.

Bad side? I guess its a bit pricier than the mass-produced T1R shift boot or a self-made one.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Hey, can you do any other materials? I'd love a shift boot made out of soft, Corinthian leather...

Old May 6, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

sorry for the dirty car. its been raining here in VA for days now!

everything fit great thanks again!!!!

Last edited by joehoo; May 6, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old May 6, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

^^i was gonna get a similar shift boot...how does the faux alcantara feel?
Old May 6, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

feels great. I had a 05 Sti before I got the evo and I cant feel a difference between the faux on the boot and the real stuff on the sti
Old May 15, 2009, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi,

this time, there is no picture, but another user comment we've received:

Hey my name is Carlton and I just received my shift/ebrake and armrest boot set today and all I can say is wow! Great product and it looks beautiful. I'll be posting pics of it installed on the mazda3forums and defenitly be recommending your services to everyone. Thanks again!!

New Loyal Customer,
Carlton
This code: 634U0GX6UU6 is valid through May 22nd!

Have a great weekend,
Maciek
Old May 29, 2009, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Everyone,

notice any difference?

On the left a new, stock shift boot on a Lancer Evo. On the right, the RedlineGoods version, additionally shorter to acommodate the installed short shifter kit better than the stock boot ever can:

If you don't see any difference, don't read on. Otherwise, you might be interested in the most current discount code: 6GS3481LTU5 - Valid through Friday, June 5th!

Please also note that on June 1st we will most likely discontinue the FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS ABOVE $50 special that we've had running since December. You might want to order while that special is still on the side, which is not for long now.

Have a great weekend,
Maciek
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:12 AM

how much for the black with red stitch delivered to 48317 for the X shifter GSR

Last edited by Mark B; Jun 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Just this one so far I'm afraid:

We'd be happy to have more - and we even pay $5 for each picture we get to use on our website so if you order a boot and send us quality pics of it, you will make some of your money back.

Thank you
Maciek
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi,

black leather, charcoal stripes and silver and dark blue quadruple thread (the outside stitching is very hard to notice actually):

Very cool, elegant look if you ask me. The new code, in case that makes you want one is 63WPJ4LH857 - valid through Friday June 19th.

Take care
Maciek

Quick Reply: Genuine Italian leather shift boots - custom made for your car!