ACD Reflash Holiday Sale on now!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ACD Reflash Holiday Sale on now!

*****UPDATE******

INFORMATION REGARDING ACD!
That is right ladies and gentlemen! the Gruppe-s ACD reflashes are now available! We will be offering 3 different reflashes as of now including a street, race/R comp, and a Rally/Gravel flash. Please Keep in mind you are really getting 3 flashes in 1 as each flash will change the characteristics of all 3 ACD settings!

For local customers the price will be $350 for a reflash of your choice! and if at anytime you wish to switch to another flash or return to stock we will do so for $100.

For non Local Customer's mail in reflashes can also be done. After purchasing a flash of your choice simply remove your stock ACD Unit, safely and securely package the unit to avoid shipping damage and ship the unit to us. We will reflash the unit within 24 hours of receiving it and we will ship the unit back the following day. The Price will be $360 for the reflash with 3 day shipping and $380 with next day shipping!

If you do not wish to have your car down for a few days, you have the option to pay a $500 Core Charge. $350 + $500 and we'll ship a pre-flashed unit, and once your original unit is received we will refund you the $500 core charge.

Reflashes can only be purchased via Phone order's. Please call us at (949)457-1234 x2 with any orders or questions!

Street: We can best describe this flash as "forgiving" with this unit there is an increased margin for error, giving the driver more confidence while allowing them to comfortably push the car to new limits. This reflash is the most mild improvement over stock, it is definitely a noticeable change but it will not be too aggressive for those looking to spend the majority of their time on the street and only a minor percentage at the track or in the Canyons. This reflash is primarily for those looking for a street able reflash that will offer an improvement over the stock unit's handling characteristics when you are engaged in any form of spirited driving. Last you will also notice a reduction in under steer as well as a lack of hesitation that the stock unit has when engaging the center differential.

3 Modes:
Tarmac- Circuit
Gravel- Sport
Snow- Wet Conditions

Race: This flash is designed with the track driver in mind and was designed as a racing reflash with aggressive locking characteristics for optimal grip and rotation. While this unit is primarily designed as a grip unit, with the more aggressive ACD settings will maximize the efficiency of the locking characteristic's of the center differential and will allow the car to rotate on command. We really wanted to offer a very high level of cornering stability while minimizing under steer and that is exactly what this flash will do. We do not recommend this flash for the faint hearted and it will be much less forgiving than the street unit but in turn will allow the car to rotate much more aggressively than both the stock unit and the Street reflash. The breakaway characteristics are optimized for sticky tires and best suited for R-Compound track tires. This Unit can be used on the street without issue just be aware that the differential engagement will be notably earlier than the stock and street unit.

3 Modes:
Tarmac- Optimized Circuit
Gravel- Sport
Snow- Wet Conditions

Rally: Last but certainly not least is the rally/gravel reflash. Although this flash is designed for Rally racing on gravel and really excels on loose surfaces when you apply a grip driving style, the locking characteristics of this flash provide an incredible amount of rotation. This flash will get loose on command and rotate the car through the application of power to the rear wheels. This can either be an excellent, or terrifying character trait depending on your skill level. This flash is very comfortable to drive hard and you can certainly tell that the car has more confident without traction, and when over steering and power sliding this flash really shines! Unlike the stock units tendency to under steer when pushed too hard, this unit will nearly completely cancel out all hints of under steer when driven properly. Another great factor of this flash is that it can even be utilized as a track flash if you are running wide or sticky r compound tires with excellent balance and neutral over steer tendencies.

3 Modes:
Tarmac- Light Gravel
Gravel- Heavy Gravel
Snow- Snow

We are so confident that you will be satisfied with the results we will be offering a money back guarantee if you decide you dislike the product within 7 days of the original purchase. So far we have not had a single complaint or return!

Last edited by Gruppe-S; Dec 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: SALE!!!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there any write up reviews on this? and also have you testing this out on a some what of a drag car. how does is act to launching the car?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mike1023
is there any write up reviews on this? and also have you testing this out on a some what of a drag car. how does is act to launching the car?
ACD reflashes are designed to optimize the vehicles handling and cornering characteristics. We have no tested these in a drag racing environment so I cannot confirm whether or not there would be an improvement.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
ACD reflashes are designed to optimize the vehicles handling and cornering characteristics. We have no tested these in a drag racing environment so I cannot confirm whether or not there would be an improvement.
willing to test!

does it put more stress on the drive line? does it change how the power is split from front and rear?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

willing to test!

does it put more stress on the drive line? does it change how the power is split from front and rear?
It does not put any additional stress on any of the drive line components. Our reflashes remap the acd ecu to engage the acd pump earlier and at a high pressure to lock the center differential earlier. You will find that when cornering the car will react and handle much more like a rwd vehicle. If you want to purchase a unit and test it out we offer a 7 day trial period with a money back guarantee! I would be interesting to see if this improves your 60ft times as the differential will be engage much earlier than stock with our race unit.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

It does not put any additional stress on any of the drive line components. Our reflashes remap the acd ecu to engage the acd pump earlier and at a high pressure to lock the center differential earlier. You will find that when cornering the car will react and handle much more like a rwd vehicle. If you want to purchase a unit and test it out we offer a 7 day trial period with a money back guarantee! I would be interesting to see if this improves your 60ft times as the differential will be engage much earlier than stock with our race unit.
So then in a drag aspect it would make the back grab in more then the front and you wont see the front spin all of 1st like is normal does?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

So then in a drag aspect it would make the back grab in more then the front and you wont see the front spin all of 1st like is normal does?
I don't want to tell you that it will eliminate the front wheel spin because honestly I do not know and we have not tested it. You will notice the the center differential engaging much earlier with these units but they are designed to improve cornering.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

I don't want to tell you that it will eliminate the front wheel spin because honestly I do not know and we have not tested it. You will notice the the center differential engaging much earlier with these units but they are designed to improve cornering.
I know it wont get the spin 100% away but if it can make more power, force... to the back or even it out 50/50 that will help.

really temping to try this but beening it has no review or no testing on this matter i will have to pass for right now. $350 for a test in 7days will deff not be long enough to do testing.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

I know it wont get the spin 100% away but if it can make more power, force... to the back or even it out 50/50 that will help.

really temping to try this but beening it has no review or no testing on this matter i will have to pass for right now. $350 for a test in 7days will deff not be long enough to do testing.
No problem
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally my option to have a rwd acting evo, but with a twist of awd.

Does this keep the pump going on decel as well. Im tired of the part throttle mid corner upset that my 05 acd evo has. Something none of my rwd cars, or my 03 evo had.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Curt@MrLed
Finally my option to have a rwd acting evo, but with a twist of awd.

Does this keep the pump going on decel as well. Im tired of the part throttle mid corner upset that my 05 acd evo has. Something none of my rwd cars, or my 03 evo had.
off the throttle the car will still act like a normal evo, if you lift hard prior to steering into a corner you will still get that unloaded weight transfer oversteer characteristic we know and love . But anytime throttle and steering input are applied the pump will be active.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
off the throttle the car will still act like a normal evo, if you lift hard prior to steering into a corner you will still get that unloaded weight transfer oversteer characteristic we know and love . But anytime throttle and steering input are applied the pump will be active.

Oh yeah full weight transfer mid corner is awful, My issue is if I have to feather the throttle. I have different stock and tein flex alinghment settings. So I am convinced its the acd. Talk to you in a couple months.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Curt@MrLed
Oh yeah full weight transfer mid corner is awful, My issue is if I have to feather the throttle. I have different stock and tein flex alinghment settings. So I am convinced its the acd. Talk to you in a couple months.
Sounds good to me!

Last edited by Gruppe-S; Dec 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: ACD Reflash Holiday Sale on now!