Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.

Girodisc "Magic Brake Pads" are here!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Girodisc "Magic Brake Pads" are here!

Hi,

Girodisc would like to introduce our new line of “Magic Pads”. They have been designed to be better than the factory pads in every way. They produce less dust, less noise, and have better initial and overall bite when compared to the factory pads. They come with our anti-noise shims already installed and do not require any special “bed-in” procedures.

As in introductory offer, we are giving the first 3 three people to try out our new pads a specail price of $100 shipped for the car set. We ask that you try them and post your feedback here for others to see and help us get the word out.

Once these are gone they can be purchased for the regular price of $150/Car set at our site.

Girodisc EVO 8/9 Pads:

Thank you
Girodisc.

Last edited by Girodisc Martin; Jan 12, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does the pad composition differ from the OEM Brembos?
I'd very much like to test them out myself.
I just don't want to lose any braking performance though.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

We consider these to be an improvement over the stock Brembos. They are designed to be an OEM Mitsubishi EVO replacement with less dust and more bite. We are not sure of the OEM pad’s composition whether they are an organic, ceramic, or other.

Girodisc

Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

i am game for them once we get some feedback
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up a set of the girodisc magic pads and I have been driving on them for a little over a week. So far I have noticed that they have a lot more initial bite then the stock pads. The stock brakes and pads felt slightly spongy when braking lightly, but the magic pads have elimated this issue.

I also got ALOT of brake dust from the OEM brake pads, so to test the magic pads I decided to wash the car before I replaced the pads. So far I have put almost 160 miles on the pads and the wheels are virtually spotless. The magic pads have dramatically decreased the amount of brake dust left on my wheels and calipers.

The Girodisc pads have a much larger anti-noise shim on it. They very quite, even under prolonged light braking. I have to say that these pads are a huge improvement over stock and when comparing prices I see no reason to ever buy OEM pads again.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Bump for sexy, thanks for the response!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Still need a lab rat?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Well, we sold more than 3 sets but I'll let a couple more go for this offer as long as people will do us the favor of posting their impressions of the pads here to help get the word out.

PM me your address and we'll get some out to you.

paypal sales@girodisc.com or call us at 360-450-5537

Thanks!

Martin

Originally Posted by Sales@IveyTune
Still need a lab rat?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Girodisc Martin
Well, we sold more than 3 sets but I'll let a couple more go for this offer as long as people will do us the favor of posting their impressions of the pads here to help get the word out.

PM me your address and we'll get some out to you.

paypal sales@girodisc.com or call us at 360-450-5537

Thanks!

Martin
HI any pads for EVO X.. ( at lab rat pricing?)

92691 shipped please.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Fronts are the same as 8/9 but rears are a whole new pad shape. Nobody has anything yet that we are aware of. We are prototyping something right now, stay tuned!

Martin
Old Apr 21, 2008, 06:13 PM
Former Sponsor

OK, we sold a few more than 3 sets at this price so I'm hoping to get some feedback here shortly. Stay tuned. Price will be $150 shipped from now on if you call or PM and mention this post.

Thanks everyone!!

Martin
Old Apr 21, 2008, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Is this $150 shipped for front & rear. How do they hold upon a track day?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

First let me say each of our pad offerings are for a distinctly different application. We have had many different compounds come through the doors here and what we carry is what we consider to be the best mix of performance, value, and availability. There are many other excellent pad choices out there, but we feel the following offer the best combo of the above.

The Magic Pads have more bite, less dust and no noise compared to stock. They are an excellent value over buying stock pads as well. If you really only drive on the street, even aggressively, and cannot tolerate dust or noise but won't give up bite, these are for you. Not a track pad but won't fade as early as the stock pads.

The Axxis pads have some trade offs sitting between the Magic and Ferodo pads. They make a little more dust than the Magic pads, but less than stock and a lot less than the Ferodo pads. A lot more bite than the Magic, almost comparable to the Ferodo. Can make noise, generally not, but we recommend the pad shims just to be safe. They go about 200 degrees F higher than the Magic pads. Entry level track pad for novice week-enders. These will make a noticeable difference in pedal feel due to increased friction.

The Ferodo DS2500 pads are our favorite street pads. They cost quite a bit more than the other two and make a good amount of dust, equal or more than stockers. They have a 50/50 chance of making noise under light pedal effort such as in parking lots etc. We also recommend the pad shims as well to help eliminate this. They have a maximum operating temp of around 1000F and have great pedal feel. These are about the best double duty pad available.

The Raybestos ST-43 compound is what we recommend for all out track use. Could you drive to the track on them? We don't recommend it but have heard of people doing it... people also jump off bridges... They have amazing fade resistance and a very consistent torque curve and therefore pedal feel. Compared to other dedicated track pad offerings, these are a bargain at $259 front and $129 rear. Not only that, they last a really long time and are easy on rotors. I don't know how they do it but they are a step above the rest in our opinion. The ST-41 compound is more aggressive still but these cars don't weigh that much and they are harder to keep at the limit on a bumpy track. The 43 is more forgiving while modulating at or near the threshold.

Hope that helps!

Martin
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I received these pads yesterday and installed them. I'll post more feedback when I get to put some miles on them today and this upcoming weekend, but so far they look good!

They fit perfectly and install just like every other pad for the Evo. I do really like the shim already installed. It almost feels like it has a "rubberized" coating to the shim itself, and cannot fall off to be lost.

More feedback to come!
Old Apr 25, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting...

Wish I hadn't missed the lab rat pricing. I'm about due for a set of pads.
My current pads make me INSANE with the dust. All down the side of my car... turning into rust spots in like 3 days.

Makes me want to kick an infant.

Quick Reply: Girodisc "Magic Brake Pads" are here!