Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

quick evo mods

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm just losing it.... but I swear the low fuel indicator isn't there. It's supposed to be near the Empty end of the gauge, right? I don't have anything there. (I have the second version, without those awful center rings)

All the green indicators are a little harder to read in sunlight, but it's no big deal to me.
Old May 14, 2005, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rob W.
Maybe I'm just losing it.... but I swear the low fuel indicator isn't there. It's supposed to be near the Empty end of the gauge, right? I don't have anything there. (I have the second version, without those awful center rings)

All the green indicators are a little harder to read in sunlight, but it's no big deal to me.
Nope, mine doesn't have a cutout for low fuel indicator either.
Old May 14, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks.. I think i blew a fuse or something.. I didn't know if it was the green and white wire.. so i just went with the instructional yellow/red wire.. and I hooked it all up.. turned the car.. everything looked good.. and I turned up the brightness. It flashed for a second.. and then poof.. all lights went out. I think I might not have properly grounded it.. damn.. i'm pissed.. do you know what it might be.. ? lucky for me i have another kit.. so if it's the converter i got it replaced.. what worries me.. is that I don't know where in the car is the fuse for that yellow/red wire. Might you guys be able to tell me.? Sorry to burden you with my troubles.. Also what do you think i did wrong? I grounded it to a screw underneath the steering column that appears is being used by quite a few other things as a grounder.. I will admit.. I never took the screw out when i tested this.. I simply nugged the ground wire in between a few others.. Dumb dumb dumb. Any help would be apppreciated.
Old May 14, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

i had those on my 2G Eclipse and when i got my Evo, i realized the Evo is too "classy" of a car to put those APC-produced clusters on an Evo. Not dissing you cuz everyones taste is different, but those turned to rice to me after getting my Evo. Your UK badge seems a tad bit too high, overal nice tho, same gauge as me DEFI!
Old May 25, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
Sucks.. I think i blew a fuse or something.. I didn't know if it was the green and white wire.. so i just went with the instructional yellow/red wire.. and I hooked it all up.. turned the car.. everything looked good.. and I turned up the brightness. It flashed for a second.. and then poof.. all lights went out. I think I might not have properly grounded it.. damn.. i'm pissed.. do you know what it might be.. ? lucky for me i have another kit.. so if it's the converter i got it replaced.. what worries me.. is that I don't know where in the car is the fuse for that yellow/red wire. Might you guys be able to tell me.? Sorry to burden you with my troubles.. Also what do you think i did wrong? I grounded it to a screw underneath the steering column that appears is being used by quite a few other things as a grounder.. I will admit.. I never took the screw out when i tested this.. I simply nugged the ground wire in between a few others.. Dumb dumb dumb. Any help would be apppreciated.
did you mess with the fuse holder? I just installed mine and was scratching my head cuz they wouldn't work. I fiddled with the fuse holder... and poof, they work.

good looking set!