Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

quick evo mods

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick evo mods

Hey, did a few quick evo mods... figured i would post here...

the stock gauges were tough to see during the day so i replaced them with these... they are reverse indiglo and can be changed from blue to green and can be dimmed. I stuck the control box in the comparment to the lower left of the steering wheel. I installed my boost gauge as well, on the lower A-pillar. Finally, I switched to the UK badging for the rear and stripped off the USDM tags.

i know it isn't much, but I figured id share.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

thanks. the only bonus to the daytime viewing is that i can finally see them... i have trouble seeing certain shades of red and on the dark background it was worse x1000
Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

does anyoen make those type of gauges with a silver face and don't have the middle circle thing? that woudl look alot better to me. i agree though, it's kinda hard to see the evo gauges in bright light. badge looks good, way better. do they give you a template or are they on a sheet straight when you get it or you have to eye it for that ?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vtechTHIS
does anyoen make those type of gauges with a silver face and don't have the middle circle thing?
that would look nice but i spent some time looking for evo gauges and found these and ones that another guy down that are basically make-your-own style there was a post here on it at some point. I'll look for it.

Originally Posted by vtechTHIS
badge looks good, way better. do they give you a template or are they on a sheet straight when you get it or you have to eye it for that ?
The have the badge laid out perfectly straight and spaced on a clear tape... you peel the backing off of the letters while leaving them on the tape...then you can stick the letters on the car without levelling each one
Old Oct 12, 2004, 05:52 PM

wow gauges at night those are pimp
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

gauge panels bright
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

i dont like the inner circle thing. but overall i think is nice
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:13 PM
mbs
Evolving Member

The gauges look good how hard are they to change out?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

neato! i was contemplating the defi d boost gauge, but that picture pushed me to order one. the gauges seem a bit bright, but they look sick. GJ!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

tha gauges can be dimmed... basically to off.. i lit them up for the pic

as for install... very easy... you remove the gauges from the car (5 screws) and pop off the plastic cover and bezel... then you slide the whitefaced gauges over the stockers (you can bend them to snake them around the needle) then you route the wires to the inverter which you hide behind the gauge face and run the switch wherever you want and hook up the 12v. It took all of 40 minutes... with soldering.

i would like to block out the inner lit circle in the future but i dont really know how well that would work... for now i am used to it.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

^ agreed about the inner lit circle. you can't just get some thin plastic cutouts and cover that up?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

oh, and the defi gauge is so fast to react... by far the fasted i've seen compared with a blitz in a cobra and an autometer in an rx7.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HoLeeRay
^ agreed about the inner lit circle. you can't just get some thin plastic cutouts and cover that up?
maybe, but the thicker you make the gauge face area, the more likely it is that the needle will drag... that happened to me on my avenger...i had to keep lifting the needles till there was no more sticking.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

great looking gauges. best feature is the removal of "lancer" and replaced with "evolution". do you by any chance have a link or a number where i can get the white guage face?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
great looking gauges. best feature is the removal of "lancer" and replaced with "evolution". do you by any chance have a link or a number where i can get the white guage face?
First I just want to say that these pictures are much and have helped many of us to decide what we are going to get or do to our Evos, so all these post are very appreciteated by the owners and the vendors .

2nd I have the same qustions as KILTERMAN, and would like to know where you hoooked up the wires for the guages (the replacments).....very intrested in getting my hands on this before the 23rd....

Quick Reply: quick evo mods