Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Painting a C/F hood...Question:

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2004 | 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Painting a C/F hood...Question:

When my VIS hood shows up I want to have it wetsanded and resprayed with several layers of good clearcoat. I know that some type paints will react badly to polyurethane resin and other paints will react to epoxy paint and bubble up. Has anyone painted or cleared a VIS carbon hood who can tell me what type of paint works well. Regular PPG Urethane paint may work fine, but I don't want to find out the hard way if Im wrong!
Old Nov 10, 2004 | 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I would use PPG line 2055 clear . Its a good all purpose clear , I have been in the paint Industry for about 7 years and thats all I use . Get some good 3M wet & Dry 400 grit sand paper, water sand the hood with Hot water and then go to 600 grit . Blow dry it if you have Air , Wipe it down with Wax & Grease remover. and then shoot away. 3 Nice coats . Wait 36 hours then color sand with 1200 grit then go to 1500 and then 2000 grit AND BAM !!!!!!!!! Bling Bling , As long as you prep the hood and wipe it down . You should be fine with most clears out there , whatever you do doint use Rattle can clears That @#$% Sucks for anything .