Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

VII front end conversion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2004, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VII front end conversion

Is it possible to do a VII front end conversion on an 05 evo 8 (the hood n bumper)? will i run into fender trouble? do i lose the front crash bar? sorry if that sounds rambling... it is.

Thanks alot guys.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Search!
Old Nov 21, 2004, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NYCkid
Is it possible to do a VII front end conversion on an 05 evo 8 (the hood n bumper)? will i run into fender trouble? do i lose the front crash bar? sorry if that sounds rambling... it is.

Thanks alot guys.
Gotta swap the Fenders, Hood and Front End. No troubles if you do it all. I *believe* you lose the crash bar (I know for fact you do on the rear) but there have been countless threads on this.

Like Blitz suggested, do a search (here and Google).
Old Nov 21, 2004, 07:36 PM

thanks guys, sry im kinda new to this forum thing...trying to work the bugs out.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

how significany is the crash bar.. mine is off right now.. but i stay a mile away from danger and other cars at all times
Old Nov 21, 2004, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MattGold
Gotta swap the Fenders, Hood and Front End. No troubles if you do it all. I *believe* you lose the crash bar (I know for fact you do on the rear) but there have been countless threads on this.

Like Blitz suggested, do a search (here and Google).
You don't need to swap the fenders.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 06:21 AM

great! thank god... i really didnt want swap fenders anyway. btw i did a search and really havent found anyone doing a conversion like this... i found lots of info on aftermarket bodykits n bumpers but not an oem vii front end.. can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some advice?

thanks

bdking- i think the front crash bar is important... i would be very nervous to take it off no matter how or where i drive becuase you cant control other drivers.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Get the VII's HKS Kansai c/fibre bonnet, ori bumper with the HKS Kansai c/fibre lip, Damn c/fibre side diffuser and rear diffuser...... i think it looks real clean and nice though..... and i guess it cost just the same amount of getting the ori parts of vii.

just my opinion though.....
Old Nov 22, 2004, 06:37 PM

so ur saying that i should just put on a hks hood, meaning substitue it for a vii hood... plus add some more... how will thet equal the cost of buying ori hood n bumper? where are you seeing theses pieces for sale that low?

btw i think that would look super mean
Old Nov 23, 2004, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

I have thought about this conversion many times.
From what I have read on this forum, someone chime in if I am off, this is what you need,

Evo 7 Front bumper cap
Evo 7 Rear bumper cap
Evo 7 Hood or replica
Evo 7 Wing
Evo 7 tail lights

I have tried to find Evo 7 wheels, done searches, and have had no luck. I like the Evo 7 wheels better than the 8.

Now, there are things behind the front bumper you might need. I do not know if the ones from the 8 will bolt on. There are guides for the two openings on each side of the main opening for the intercooler. These guides get air to your oil cooler and radiator. So in addition to the bumper you need these trim pieces.

As for the crash beems. The rear crash beam will be lost, no enough room. As for the front bumper, I do not think the US crash beem will fit. I have posted questions asking if there is a beem or support behind the 7 front end, but have not gotten a response.

As for buying these parts, there is a vendor, and they usually see these threads about the 7 conversion and post a link to their site.

Hope this helps.

Also, if someone has done this, do you have pictures. I have seen many threads about this, but other than seeing JDM Evo 7/8 rear bumpers on US Evo 8s, I have not seen anything. The JDM Evo 7/8 rear bumper looks good.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
how significany is the crash bar.. mine is off right now.. but i stay a mile away from danger and other cars at all times
Once you remove the bumper crash beam, then you're relying on the unibody to absorb all the impact. Bad news.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

NYCkid,

what i mean is get all the original parts of the vii, and not get the ori bonnet (opt for the HKS Kansai VII c/f bonnet) whereby in malaysia, the price difference for the c/f and ori is only bout USD150-200 (and mind you, the price for the ori bonnet is a used unit whereas the c/f bonnet is new). am not sure how much it will cost in the states, but this is just my thought...

if ur interested to have a look at a naked front view of a vii, you can go to my cardomain.com and have a look... hope it helps...
Old Nov 24, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

What is this? It looks like some sort of impact beem, not as beefy as the US one, but something.
Does anyone know if this is some sort of impact beem.....3mph.....or maybe a support. And, can we get it?

NoTiGuy, thanks for the picture.
Attached Thumbnails VII front end conversion-slide1.jpg  
Old Nov 24, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a link to buy Evo 7 bumpers

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ior&prodid=746
Old Nov 26, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

if i'm not wrong, it could be one of the impact beam. Our regulations in asian countries are not as strict as in the US, i suppose....

most welcome on the pics...

Quick Reply: VII front end conversion