Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Infinity Basslink

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2004 | 10:58 PM

Question Infinity Basslink

I searched first!
is any of you using the Infinity Basslink? how do you like it?
Have read mixed reviews about it.
I'm not looking for car rattling thump but lows with a good punch at any volume
Old Nov 28, 2004 | 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

they are good...if you want some bass definately not a ground shaking unit...
Old Nov 29, 2004 | 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

infinity sucks. get a rockford fosgate power subwoofer!
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...CategoryKey=16
Old Nov 29, 2004 | 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

BassLink is Awesome!

I just got a basslink yesterday after reading reviews online at www.epinions.com
its probably the only product i've ever seen on that site that had 5/5 stars from everyone that rated it.

I have an aftermarket head unit (a top end Panasonic with SubOuts) but the BassLink can be used with any stereo and has a built in crossover so that it can accept speaker level or line level inputs and produce healthy bass without high-end coming through.

i really have no patience when it comes to trying new stuff out so i quickly hooked it up yesterday afternoon and just left it on the floor of the car while it was in the garage...the sound was awesome, exactly what i was looking for. with the upgraded head unit and upgraded 4-way speakers I wasn't getting the bass response that i wanted unless i really turned up the volume. with the addition of the BassLink I get tonal bass at all volumes...not just punchy crap either...you can actually hear a bass guitar line throughout a song.

i'm really happy with it and I can't wait to get the time to actually install it...especially after hearing how good it sounds. I'll get up pics when i have a chance... and just so you know, Circuit City dropped the price from $299.00 to $209.00 for this week
Old Nov 29, 2004 | 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

I've had one in the back of the evo for almost a year now and love it. It doesn't have super booming bass, but it is all the more I want. Since alot of the trunk is useless because of my rear strut bar, it fit nicely in the corner where the washer tank is.
Old Nov 29, 2004 | 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

I highly recommend the infinity basslink, compact in size and easy to install, my wife's car has this set-up. Deep bass but not too loud that causes attention.
Old Nov 29, 2004 | 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

I say your better off gettin a small 10" sub and just run a small amp to it that produces good clean signal. Much better bang for your buck than a basstube. It will sound and look 10x better (if you get a good quality sub and amp)
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 04:40 PM

I took the bass link out of my previous car and installed it in my evo. Just the right amount of bass for my liking. I was under the impression that any aftermarket subwoofer would be too much "car shaking" bass for me but this unit really makes whatever type of music you listen to sound full. Also compact and light
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
and just so you know, Circuit City dropped the price from $299.00 to $209.00 for this week

Damn...good deal. I looked on their website and it still says $350...
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by viciousv322
Damn...good deal. I looked on their website and it still says $350...
mine was open box - but had everything with it... it was 299 for the New in Box and 209 for the open box...it was a display that was placed high up so it was 100% new.
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

we just installed the basslink tonite. it sounds AWESOME... tons of in-cabin bass without vibrating anything on the exterior or really being able to hear it from outside the car.

install was simple and it fits well in the Evo trunk.... once i slice the carpet tomorrow afternoon I'll post up some pics... anyone local (Worcester area, MA) is welcome to come check it out.
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 07:37 PM

i hate the basslink sorry guys, and i work at ccity.... i have just never been impressed with it...
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
we just installed the basslink tonite. it sounds AWESOME... tons of in-cabin bass without vibrating anything on the exterior or really being able to hear it from outside the car.

install was simple and it fits well in the Evo trunk.... once i slice the carpet tomorrow afternoon I'll post up some pics... anyone local (Worcester area, MA) is welcome to come check it out.
Thanks for the info, please post pics when you can
I can get it brand new in my store for about $249
....decisions decisions
but I guess I cant have too much thump since my cf trunk is not properly aligned...call me crazy but I dont trust that trunk latch mechanism
again thank you all for the input
Old Dec 1, 2004 | 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SunSet350Z
i hate the basslink sorry guys, and i work at ccity.... i have just never been impressed with it...
's all good. What do you dislike about it?

I cranked the volume last night and did notice some distortion on the more heavily "bassed" songs. I can understand not being impressed by the unit since for almost the same amount of money you can pick up 1-2 subs and an amp...but for someone that doesn't listen to music too loudly, doesn't care to shake their license plate, and/or doesnt really want their (shady) neighbors to know they have a system it works out well.

on a few tracks that i tested (Propellerheads, Finch, APC, Deftones, My Chemical Romance, DMX, Tool, 311) it really added definition in the low end that wasnt there with just the door speakers and head unit. Personally, i highly recommend it, Migs, though I would like to hear some input from those who were unimpressed.

maybe i just don't have a discerning enough ear.
Old Dec 2, 2004 | 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

INSTALLED.

Once its warm out ill be stitching excess carpet underneath the cuts to tuck the fuzzy sound-deadening stuff away.

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink