Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Gauge Install/Selection Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Install/Selection Nightmare

I got somewhat of a problem with some gauge products, in particular the ATI Steering Column Pod's and the Blitz Blacklight Boost and EGT gauges and the Greddy 52mm Boost and Egt gauges.

I ordered the greddy's for the ATI pods in hopes they fit and look good. According to the online lancer shop, which name I won't mention, the opinion was that they will fit NO PROBLEM. So I got them and of course they DID NOT FIT. Although the ATI gauge pod has the universal 52mm/60mm rubber ring and the greddy gauge fit diameter wise, the gauges were (are) too long for the POD. (see pic 1) and stick out big time.

SO then I called another vividly known online store and ordered some Blitz gauges, again asking if they will fit the universal ATI steering column pods. "Yes, they will def. fit", they said. But of course they DO NOT FIT and now it is the diameter. (see pic 2). The Blitz gauge you see in pic one on the left I got in by splicing the bottom of the pod cup itself. But of course that is sort of a ghetto solution (nothing against ghetto's).

What is my point here? Well, I am frustrated of course having spent some money on this stuff and no one will take back the merchandise of course. But I also wanted to make peeps aware that,...

If you have the ATI pods don't buy greddy's (52 or 60mm) and don't buy Blitz Blacklight Racing gauges.

Anyway, I would love to get some comments from the online retailers who claim they know what they are talking about but really only want to sell stuff...sorry for venting...if anybody has an idea on how to make either gauge work hey let me know.

Thnx
Attached Thumbnails Gauge Install/Selection Nightmare-131_3104.jpg   Gauge Install/Selection Nightmare-131_3107.jpg  

Last edited by UndieStainz; Dec 7, 2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 04:50 PM

I understand your frustration, but not all 52 mm gauges are dead on 52 mm in diameter. Like other manufacturers, I make the gauge holes in my panels slightly smaller than necessary. This is done because it is easier to sand the holes to fit a larger gauge than to try and fill in a hole that is too large. If your gauges are too wide, then simply sand out the gauge pod. If they are too deep, then don't be afraid to dremel the mounts off the back of the gauges.

Even though the vendors you bought from may have claimed the gauges would fit, I am sure they said this assuming you wouldn't mind modifying your gauge pod to accomodate the brand and model you ordered.

Good luck!!
Old Dec 7, 2004, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear you bought blitz, get some defi
Old Dec 7, 2004, 11:23 PM

The known two shortest in depth brand of gauges are Defi and Apex-I EL2.