Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Rear-ended somone...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did the guy have his lights on. If not you could use that for defense.
You should have said to the guy ,"If your a federal agent , you should be smart enough not to stop in the middle of the road in the middle of the night" I hate arrogant ****'s like that.

Anyway, you're cars not too bad and the most expensive part looks like it gonna be the innercooler. Just be glad the headlights didnt get wrecked. They were over $1300 when I got into my accident. Most expensive single item in a $13,000 dollar repair bill.

Good luck
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sr20det91
Did the guy have his lights on. If not you could use that for defense.
You should have said to the guy ,"If your a federal agent , you should be smart enough not to stop in the middle of the road in the middle of the night" I hate arrogant ****'s like that.

Anyway, you're cars not too bad and the most expensive part looks like it gonna be the innercooler. Just be glad the headlights didnt get wrecked. They were over $1300 when I got into my accident. Most expensive single item in a $13,000 dollar repair bill.
Yeah, i'm hoping that my headlights are fine. They seem good, they just aren't lined up anymore because the bumper is all deformed and pushed back. The bolts that hold them on don't seem warped or moved at all so I think they are ok. Does anyone know the price of the stock parts? Like the front-mount, front bumper and radiator?
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

If you rear end someone the first thing you do is hide your face, the second thing you do is leave the scene. Thats what a truck driver did when he rear ended my evo. I couldn't identify him and and he was never charged.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

How fast were you going? It seems like you only need to replace parts and you'll be ok. Upgrades would be nice tho.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MaxR
If you rear end someone the first thing you do is hide your face, the second thing you do is leave the scene. Thats what a truck driver did when he rear ended my evo. I couldn't identify him and and he was never charged.
There is only one thing wrong with that idea. There are probally alot of trucks around your area, and the same with mine. But..I am only like 1 of 2-3 evos in my city, and I am the only black one.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpyderMR
How fast were you going? It seems like you only need to replace parts and you'll be ok. Upgrades would be nice tho.
I honestly don't remember, I just came out of a round-about so I couldn't be going faster than 40, I was probally at about 30-35 and who knows how fast after I nailed the brakes because I just slid on the stupid wet pavement. Stupid ****ing sprinklers...
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

^ yeah how would that work if they get your licence plate?
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleet
I honestly don't remember, I just came out of a round-about so I couldn't be going faster than 40, I was probally at about 30-35 and who knows how fast after I nailed the brakes because I just slid on the stupid wet pavement. Stupid ****ing sprinklers...
Hindsight being 20/20, but why did you stand on the brakes instead of using the steering wheel?

Also, how did you slide with ABS?

Just trying to "straighten" this story out before you start telling it to your insurance company or others and make youself look bad.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

There is only one thing wrong with that idea. There are probally alot of trucks around your area, and the same with mine. But..I am only like 1 of 2-3 evos in my city, and I am the only black one.
It doesn't matter if someone witnesses YOUR Evo driving in to YOUR garage after the accident. If they can't ID you behind the wheel then you're innocent, even if you are guilty. But thats not going to help you now so I'll shut up.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

I agree, And for parts yes, upgrade like I mentioned on the radiotor and stuff. Because when I traded in my Evo they wanted me to pay for a hole in the radiator and it was 785 for a new one through them.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
Oof, lights look ok but if not time for new MR Heads. Koyo Radiator, gialla Front Bumper, and a nice Seibon CF Hood. :-P And a nice AMS Front mount.

couldnt have said it better.....
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Hindsight being 20/20, but why did you stand on the brakes instead of using the steering wheel?

Also, how did you slide with ABS?

Just trying to "straighten" this story out before you start telling it to your insurance company or others and make youself look bad.
I thought about that later, I should have just turned into the grass because if I went left I would have gone head-on into another car. I don't know how I slid, I know what these brakes are capable of, but once I hit them it didn't feel like it usually does, it didn't do much of anything.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Does anyone know the price of the stock parts? Like the front-mount, front bumper and radiator?
I wish I had a scanner, I would post up the insurance adjusters parts list. It was pretty impressive.

For whoever was wondering why the guy still slid with ABS, its because the main function of anti-lock is so you can still steer while in a slide. Its not necessarily going decrease your stopping distance.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

I thought about that later, I should have just turned into the grass because if I went left I would have gone head-on into another car. I don't know how I slid, I know what these brakes are capable of, but once I hit them it didn't feel like it usually does, it didn't do much of anything.

you have the stock tires on? the advans could be your problem.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry about the accident, the first one is the toughest. it doesn't look to bad, I've seen a lot worse. Like the other guys I think your better off upgrading. The radiator suppourt might be able to be pulled back out if not it not to difficult to weld in a new one. Just make sure you have a good shop. Also make sure the insurance company knows everything this really does sound like a an insurance scam.

Quick Reply: Rear-ended somone...