Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Rear-ended somone...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear-ended somone...

Well it all has to happen sometime I supposue. Last night I was driving from my girlfriends house to my house, it is not even a half a mile away. I was driving on a two lane road and saw a sprinkler ahead shooting right into the street, with my girlfriend sitting next to me I looked down to put the window up so she wouldn't get blasted. I did not even look down for a second, but when I looked up there was a car at a dead stop for some reason. So I stood on the brakes but thanks to the sprinklers, the ground was wet and the brakes did nothing. I slid into him and rear-ended him. He pulls over and I follow him into the grass, I get out of the car to see if he is ok and all I hear is the passanger saying that he is about to ****ing shoot me. Then he approaches me and says did you seriously not see us in the road? I said no. Then I hear the driver get out of the car and he is talking on the phone, he says to his friend on the phone "Some dumb ****ing kid just hit me". He says this right in front of my face? I was trying very hard to remain calm before I went crazy and just killed them both. The passanger says to me, I hope you have your ****ing license, I hope you have your ****ing papers. I go back to my car and start fishing around for my papers and license and I look back at him and he is on the phone calling 911. I said sir, why are you calling the police, we can handle this. He flashed some badge or somthing at me for not even a second. At the time it was all happening so fast so I just figured whatever. I get my stuff and get back over to his car. I ask the man "So you're a cop?" and he replies with yes, I am a federal agent of the government. I said what exactly do you do and he tells me that he catches the bad guys. Then he asks me if I have any dope in the car. At this point they are treating me like complete **** and i'm getting very unable to control my anger at this point so I went back to my car to check up on my girlfriend. The police finally arrive and I give them my paper work, I explain to them what happened but then this "Federal agent" comes over and takes the cop away. It now seemed apparent that they were friends with the cops. I now figured i'd be royally ****ed, so I just waited by my car. They talked with the cop for 10 minutes or so and then the cop came back with my papers. He handed me a card with a number on it and some other stuff, I asked him since this was my first accident I didn't really know what to do. He told me that this is my accident report number and I should give it to my insurance company or whatever. I said is that it and he said unless you want a ticket you're done here. So now i'm not too upset, being that I didn't get a ticket. I still don't know why this guy was at a dead stop in the road, there was no one ahead of him and I saw no one turning. Anyways I drove home which was right around the corne to look at the damage. First the hood wouldn't open, but I managed to get it open, now it doesn't close. I'm not gonna really explain all the damage because it's obvious in the pictures. I probally need a new bumper for sure, maybe new front mount IC, the headlights all work fine and seem to be fine. The radiator and everything has been pushed back. the hood seems fine but then again who knows. My girlfriends dad owns a mitsubishi dealershop along with many other things so he is going to help me out, but even still its gonna cost a good amount of money. I am still really depressed about it, I can still drive the car but i'm not gonna drive it unless I need to just incase. Please add comments on what you would recommend me doing with this, or what you think needs replacement. Most of you probally won't read all this, so here are the pictures to look at Being depressed sucks....

Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I forgot to add 56k warning, if a mod could do that it would be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oof, lights look ok but if not time for new MR Heads. Koyo Radiator, gialla Front Bumper, and a nice Seibon CF Hood. :-P And a nice AMS Front mount.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
Oof, lights look ok but if not time for new MR Heads. Koyo Radiator, gialla Front Bumper, and a nice Seibon CF Hood. :-P And a nice AMS Front mount.
The headlights seem fine, the major point of impact was where the mitsu sign was. Everything else is just pushed back. I'm not sure about upgrading the parts and whatnot, depends if all that stuff is cheaper than the stock parts. Plus as I said my girlfriends dad owns a mitsubishi dealership, a body shop and an exotic car dealership. So he is going to try to help me out with fixing it for a good price.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

How does your hood look?
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
How does your hood look?
The hood seems fine, the only reason that it looks bad in those pictures is because it doesn't shut anymore because the slot where it goes into doesn't line up anymore. The other car was a volvo so I guess his back bumper hit into my middle front bumper and the hood didn't get damaged. It doesn't have any marks on the edge to show that it hit anything and it doesn't look deformed or bent..
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would upgrade everything to aftermarket parts since they are almost always cheaper than stock parts. Sorry to hear about your wreck.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
I would upgrade everything to aftermarket parts since they are almost always cheaper than stock parts. Sorry to hear about your wreck.
I am going to goto my local mitsubishi and ask them to give me an estimate of the repair and a list of each part that is going to need repleacement. Then i'm going give to the list and estimate to my girlfriends dad and see what he can do with it. If the aftermarket parts are still cheaper than the deal her dad can give me than i'll do that. But he might do this for really cheap.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Federal agent and he's cussing in front of you and degrading you? That's professional. Also, what was his excuse for obstructing the flow of traffic, again? Sure, you are liable since you failed to stop, but you can still bring up the point that neither you OR your girlfriend saw his tail lights (perhaps he had them turned off in an attempt to intentionally get hit for an insurance payoff). Also, he's buddies with the cop that handled the scene? That's great. The police officer is supposed to take a statement from each person without interference from others. I'd be suspicious of the whole situation. Do not admit fault to anyone. Inform your insurance company of this, tell them EXACTLY how it was handles, how you were treated, how they were threatening to kill you, EVERYTHING. I have a feeling that you are going to end up eating a huge bill on this one if you don't handle it properly and by the book.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Federal agent and he's cussing in front of you and degrading you? That's professional. Also, what was his excuse for obstructing the flow of traffic, again? Sure, you are liable since you failed to stop, but you can still bring up the point that neither you OR your girlfriend saw his tail lights (perhaps he had them turned off in an attempt to intentionally get hit for an insurance payoff). Also, he's buddies with the cop that handled the scene? That's great. The police officer is supposed to take a statement from each person without interference from others. I'd be suspicious of the whole situation. Do not admit fault to anyone. Inform your insurance company of this, tell them EXACTLY how it was handles, how you were treated, how they were threatening to kill you, EVERYTHING. I have a feeling that you are going to end up eating a huge bill on this one if you don't handle it properly and by the book.
I'd do what he said. ^^^^
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, he was a ****ing retard. I thought about it later and I don't even think he was a real federal agent or anything. I think he just called his friend up and the cop came. After I hit him, I pulled off the the side and I saw no one in-front of him and no one turning into the side street. I'm going to the accident report from the police station when it is released to see what is going on and what I should do. Florida has a no-fault rule, where everyone just fixes their own car or somthing so again i'm not very sure what i'm going to have to do. I am going to get the guys number from the case report because I want to talk to that so called "Federal agent". I didn't really know what to do at the time because I was a little shooken up so I really didn't talk back or anything. I am going to get the drivers number aswell and say that we don't wanna go through insurance.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Bummer about the wreck, dude.

The good news is you can replace most of the damaged parts with better performing ones.

The bad news is it looks like you bent your upper support. But, a good shop should be able to fix w/o problems.
Attached Thumbnails Rear-ended somone...-crashedit.jpg  
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleet
Yeah, he was a ****ing retard. I thought about it later and I don't even think he was a real federal agent or anything. I think he just called his friend up and the cop came. After I hit him, I pulled off the the side and I saw no one in-front of him and no one turning into the side street. I'm going to the accident report from the police station when it is released to see what is going on and what I should do. Florida has a no-fault rule, where everyone just fixes their own car or somthing so again i'm not very sure what i'm going to have to do. I am going to get the guys number from the case report because I want to talk to that so called "Federal agent". I didn't really know what to do at the time because I was a little shooken up so I really didn't talk back or anything. I am going to get the drivers number aswell and say that we don't wanna go through insurance.
I'd seriously look away from dealing with the other driver yourself. Obviously he's got a temper problem - threatening your life over a fender bender - and the more you interact with him, the more likely the situation will escalate and get worse. I'd contact your insurance company and explain everything. It might screw you over a bit because the accident will be on your record, but it's better than having to deal with this guy any more. I'm glad this didn't happen to me, but it sucks that it happened to you. Find out where the guy works. If he is indeed a federal agent, then why did he act so unprofessional. The "I catch the bad guys" line sounds like a vague job description. I've seen a lot of desk jockeys say that crap because they don't know what to really call it, and they are envious of the field agents that actually do the work (My last Officer in Charge would call himself the "team leader" even though he never went with us on any raids, for example).
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

The damage looks very repairable. Definitely one of the better looking wreck threads. Remember it could always be worse. Focus on any legal liabilities before focusing on the car. There are some evil people out there who will stoop to very low levels in the name of greed. I have learned this from experience. Keep your head up. Best of luck.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreedMOTO
Bummer about the wreck, dude.

The good news is you can replace most of the damaged parts with better performing ones.

The bad news is it looks like you bent your upper support. But, a good shop should be able to fix w/o problems.
Yeah, I tried to show in that picture that it is bent.

I'd seriously look away from dealing with the other driver yourself. Obviously he's got a temper problem - threatening your life over a fender bender - and the more you interact with him, the more likely the situation will escalate and get worse. I'd contact your insurance company and explain everything. It might screw you over a bit because the accident will be on your record, but it's better than having to deal with this guy any more. I'm glad this didn't happen to me, but it sucks that it happened to you. Find out where the guy works. If he is indeed a federal agent, then why did he act so unprofessional. The "I catch the bad guys" line sounds like a vague job description. I've seen a lot of desk jockeys say that crap because they don't know what to really call it, and they are envious of the field agents that actually do the work (My last Officer in Charge would call himself the "team leader" even though he never went with us on any raids, for example).
I am going to talk to a few cop friends of mine, sherifs and whatnot. Me and my dad want the number of that FBI agent to talk to him and we want to figure out why they were stopped in the road.

Quick Reply: Rear-ended somone...