Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Busy modding week.:) *56K-lag*

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Busy modding week.:) *56K-lag*

Christmas break is great! Did some installs and thought I'd share pics...cause i'm bored..

Installed rear Hotchkis after xmas. Drove with just the fronts installed for about week or so, but now i'm glad to have the HIDs level again. Ride feels good. Might need alignment, but it doesn't feel like I need it. Will take pics of the car once I get a nice carwash. It's dirty as fluck right now.

Yesterday was a busy one! Installed a aluminum gauge cover and my Ebay shortshifter. Fun day!!

Had to cut an extra oem shifter to get the bracket. In case I feel like going back to stock.

Followed the DYI instruction from here for the install.

Putting the shortshifter in, required not much effort since I didn't have to cut anything from the shifter base, unlike the B&M shifter, which has a 40% less throw. The Ebay shifter is about as short as the Kartboy, without the price.

Make sure the grease the areas well, where the shifter moves or rotates.

Finished product!

The shifter feels solid and the shifts are shorter by what is claimed to be 20%. I do feel the difference and I do like it very much. This is in conjuction with some brass shifter base bushings I also bought from ebay and some Kartboy underhood bushings I bought from a forum member. Overall great mod!

Just for some fun... Here's pics of my (dirty)car before we installed the rear springs and my friend's 05 STi. Happy new year everyone!!

Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haahah nice man!
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

That Rex looks tite.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah the STi is pretty nice. My friend's pretty much up there with the mods. I told him... he's my benchmark. I'm trying to get the same, if not, more power for less money. He just needs some fine tuning to turn that baby into the beast it can be.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Good job on the mods, Raynold. Your car is looking good. Keep up the good works.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Nice dude, love ww, even when dirty :P
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Hehe! Budda on the center console! I like it.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:49 PM

Wow, what moding. From a white evo to an sti. What will they think of next. LOL.....
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

It even looks good dirty, maybe throw some mud on it next time!
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet looking cars! Where did you get that aluminum gauge cover, I want one!!!!!
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Look good Raynold, congrats on getting the springs on! It's looks way more low profile from last time.

Btw, that STI looks straight sick.....black looks so good when it's clean!
Old Dec 30, 2004, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks E. Had to get rid of the stilts look from the last time we met up. I'll try to take some clean shots of the car today. It's weird how the dirt seem to accumilate in the rear boot area of the car. I took of about a inch of it at the carwash yesterday. You couldn't even see the license plate cause it was so dirty.

Hopefully if u drop by here again, you can check out the STi in person. I told my friend to get some kind of tuning to squeeze all the power out of the mods. I'm sure in time it will be done. He seem to have lost some of the low end pull, but still a great car.

Sleet: I got the gauge cover from solarxclipse. It's a dealer option that goes with the shiftknob and pedals.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

i like the sti
Old Dec 30, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Good pics. The sti looks sick in black. The evo looks good gota clean that bad boy. I'm going to wash mine today.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rsboy
Thanks E. Had to get rid of the stilts look from the last time we met up. I'll try to take some clean shots of the car today. It's weird how the dirt seem to accumilate in the rear boot area of the car. I took of about a inch of it at the carwash yesterday. You couldn't even see the license plate cause it was so dirty.

Hopefully if u drop by here again, you can check out the STi in person. I told my friend to get some kind of tuning to squeeze all the power out of the mods. I'm sure in time it will be done. He seem to have lost some of the low end pull, but still a great car.

Sleet: I got the gauge cover from solarxclipse. It's a dealer option that goes with the shiftknob and pedals.
^^ How mcuh did it cost you for the gauge cover? So could I goto the dealer and ask for that part?

Quick Reply: Busy modding week.:) *56K-lag*