Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Black Rims

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ I agree, but my car is black. Perhaps i'll buy some of those little stickers and see how they look.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i like it all black
Old Jan 6, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

How would I and what do I need to get my rims looking like that? (The glossy one)
Old Jan 6, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

i currently cant get any better pics cause the weather has been bad and the cars filthy. plus, you cant really see the black on black from much of a distance (hence why its a closer up pic)

its just three coats of flat black paint (same used on the rims) no sanding or anything. just taped up the car and had at it. no issues and its at least 3 months old.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
How would I and what do I need to get my rims looking like that? (The glossy one)
PPG has a single stage paint Called CLV this stuff is bullet proff . this paint is good for everything simple such as mtr to tranny to wheels , All it it is is paint and hardener and a splash of redeucer 2:1:.5 .Prep the wheels bye water sanding them with 400 wet/dry 3m sandpaper and a red scuff pad, Get all the shiny of the wheel , wash the wheel and mask your tire off and Seal them with a PPG DP primer made too as a sealer , then shoot the Clv 3 coats , and then you are done . sounds hard but if that is the finish you want you will not get with a spray can , you can powder coat but then you have too take your wheel off . I have been painting for 10 years now and this is a very easy and strong way too do it .
Old Jan 7, 2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by cleanevo
PPG has a single stage paint Called CLV this stuff is bullet proff . this paint is good for everything simple such as mtr to tranny to wheels , All it it is is paint and hardener and a splash of redeucer 2:1:.5 .Prep the wheels bye water sanding them with 400 wet/dry 3m sandpaper and a red scuff pad, Get all the shiny of the wheel , wash the wheel and mask your tire off and Seal them with a PPG DP primer made too as a sealer , then shoot the Clv 3 coats , and then you are done . sounds hard but if that is the finish you want you will not get with a spray can , you can powder coat but then you have too take your wheel off . I have been painting for 10 years now and this is a very easy and strong way too do it .
Does this paint have to be applied with a compressor and spray-gun? Thanks for the details, that's the best description (citing specific paints) that I've seen.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

What about the powder coating process? I've got an extra set of rims (as per signature) that I'd probably experiment with if they don't sell...
Old Jan 7, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cleanevo

Where can I get it from?
Old Jan 7, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
There is a local shop here that paints the wheels like that, I might do powder-coat tho just because they might last longer but i'm not too sure yet.