Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

NEW Body Kit Under Development

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005 | 05:06 PM

NEW Body Kit Under Development

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to get some feedback from everbody regarding a body kit I am developing. Currently, we are taking the stock Front bumper and making the exact same fitment but with 90% of the JDM evo 7 look. This means the ugly nose section with the mitsu logo will be gone , wider front opening, and will have the vents on each side. By 90% it means that you will NOT have to remove your crash bar. This is to be an exact stock replacement that will be available in abs plastic or carbon. Meaning all the surrounding areas and the fasten points will be exactly like stock.

As soon as protoypes are finished, I will post pictures. In the meantime, here are some evo7 pics as reference.

There will also be a carbon fiber splitter in the works, but designs are not yet finalized. Any and all feedback are extremely welcome. My own car is going to be the guinea pig, so I'll try to get some pics as soon as possible.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 05:38 PM

Talking NEW Body Kit Under Development

I would buy today if it was ready
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

I was considering an OEM VII bumper because I think the VIII front is fugly.

Offer it in factory colors in addition to the carbon and you will make a mint!

I'd buy one.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:14 PM

EVO 7 front - painted?

Actually, we are considering working with a local body shop that may be able to paint-on-demand. For an extra fee and 2-week time we could offer the plastic version in all factory colors. That's the great thing about living in the OC area. All the best car shops and manufacturers are local.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

would be cool... but what about the pointy hood?
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:19 PM

carbon splitter

If you guys have any ideas for front splitter - PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We will make one that fits our bumper AND the factory USDM bumper.

I also hate the USDM Evo8 front. The size of that front-mount needs to be flaunted for everyone to see.

Also, anyone else sick of having to take off the crash bar when installing an aftermarket front? Then having the dealership idiots give you **** for it?

Our intention is to make a strong, quality, stock replacement. We don't want to copy the EVO7 exactly, but we like that style, and we do NOT like all the crazy flashy fiberglass rubbish that's out there. Just look at how nice the TOMMI evo looks with that widemouth front!
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:24 PM

VEGASBOY:

Since our front will still need to fit the stock crash bar, the front part of the bumper will be portruding a little. But we are doing away with the "michael jackson nose - mitsu logo". You will just have to put the logo on the grill below the pointy hood. Until I get the prototypes, you will just have to use your imagination. We are NOT making the exact EVO7 front, we want to incorporate the design and still make things flow. This is a very expensive development project. If enough people are interested, we may do a group buy for the first 10-20 people at a cheap price.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:27 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stonemonkey
VEGASBOY:

Since our front will still need to fit the stock crash bar, the front part of the bumper will be portruding a little. But we are doing away with the "michael jackson nose - mitsu logo". You will just have to put the logo on the grill below the pointy hood. Until I get the prototypes, you will just have to use your imagination. We are NOT making the exact EVO7 front, we want to incorporate the design and still make things flow. This is a very expensive development project. If enough people are interested, we may do a group buy for the first 10-20 people at a cheap price.
The bumper's going to look retarded with the stock hood. I've seen pictures somewhere of a 7 front with an 8 hood and it was ugly. The point at the front extends too far out and just looks silly.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

lets see some pics!!!
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

The point at the front of the hood will make it look bad.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

The first picture won't work, but i'd buy a new front bumper for a change of look
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:38 PM

UFO

Show me those pictures you are talking about.
Like I said, we're not copying the evo7 front, we are making a new design based on that style and is a stock replacement. However, that being said, I have the opportunity to make and use my own mould. Any ideas you have, please feel free to share. I am very interested in what the popular census is. It would be nice to make an "Evo M-Edition" kit for the good people in this forum. One of our advantages is that everything we do (carbon/plastic/urethane) except for paint will be made in house in the good ol' USA. So it's not going to be VIS or GTP quality junk.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:42 PM

some better pics

Here some more "Theoretical" pics of what the 7 looks like. The 8 nose has got to be re-designed. We may use the C-West nose look. I had the C-West kit for a long time, and the first thing other evo owners said was that they liked it without the mitsu nose.

Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:45 PM

I must be an idiot, cuz I cant get these pictures to show up either. If anyone has some '7' pics, please post them as I must be a complete farktard when it comes to linking pics or something.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 06:47 PM
GP

[
Our intention is to make a strong, quality, stock replacement. We don't want to copy the EVO7 exactly, but we like that style, and we do NOT like all the crazy flashy fiberglass rubbish that's out there. Just look at how nice the TOMMI evo looks with that widemouth front![/QUOTE]
I agree...
If you can do a cross of the EVO7 mid section with the EVO8, I'd be interested

I'm not too crazy about the lower outside edges of the EVO7 bumper, but the
center section is pretty clean.

I don't know if its possible, but I'd like to see a rear bumper(spoiler) that doesn't
stick out as much and is flatter. Almost like the rear bumper on an Acura TSX?
I think the EVO9 rear bumper is on the right path, looks more modern.
Our rear bumpers look kind of old school to me?

Quick Reply: NEW Body Kit Under Development