Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

opinions needed on NEW CF PRODUCT!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2005 | 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Im starting to hate cf because of fitment problems, but I want a panel like this to fit some guages. The mitsu guages sucks and is so small, I hate the damn thing
Old Jan 16, 2005 | 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

i hear ya, it just depends on who is making the parts
Old Jan 16, 2005 | 08:36 PM
EvoM Guru

I'd be interested in something a bit unique.. Basically the 3 gauge pod, but only the pod portion, the part that is recessed into the din opening, including the trapezoidal shape..

basically only the portion that goes to the radio opening, and the small areas next to the din opening so it fits perfectly into that area..

Build that, and many of us "Anti-CF" guys will buy it..

I bought a Evo RS trim panel because it has the stock dash pattern and isn't grey, I think a fill panel with 3 gauges to go into the radio opening and just that area will look amazing (I'd prefer fiberglass and not carbon fiber, but CF would even look good as a small component like that)

If you can do this, or need more details, PM me and I'll work with you.. I even have a simple retainer method so you can install it without drilling holes.. I just think something that fits right and compliments the opening will do this community a much better service.
Old Jan 16, 2005 | 08:42 PM
EvoM Guru

How about a dash bezel that integrates two 2" gauge pods, but is situated where it doesn't obstruct the gauges?

I would be interested in something like that.. Not carbon fiber but I'll take CF it if its the only thing available.. This plus my idea in the previous post would be guaranteed sales for you.. At least from me..

Similar to this http://hp.autometer.com/products/pro...0xx/020010.jpg from autometer..

The most important thing is that it doesnt obstruct the stock gauges like a steering column pod might..
Old Jan 16, 2005 | 08:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Oh and I have one other gauge requirement.. the upper panel where the vents are, that opening where there's two vents and the clock, I'd like to make a panel to replace that small area, with 2 or 3 gauges in place of the left vent and the clock/hazzard switch, leaving the stock right vent in place and functional..

I have a need for these gauge locations, and I was planning on making these myself out of fiberglass.. but I'll be willing to use molded CF parts if you guys want to work with me..
Old Jan 16, 2005 | 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

wow wrote book

we can work with your specific needs

im me at aim mx6trickout
Old Jan 17, 2005 | 06:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah sorry about that, your the first company who isn't "Too big for their britches" and is willing to do one-off parts (hopefully with a market for them)

What I'm hoping is that once people see what is possible, they will use parts like this, that look a bit more integrated.
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

that piece is sick!!! pm me price please.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

thanks^

price is TBD
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hey X,

As you might already know, a lot of people are interested in relocating the HVAC controls to the lower cubby hole, and this is something EVO XTC had proved possible. Would you be able to fabricate some sort of carbon fiber panel that goes above the HVAC controls, in the dimensions of the cubby hole? its hard to explain but please check this thread out:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70446
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

From: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Very cool! Keep us posted.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 07:50 PM
Account Disabled

guys need to make some intake and piping in cf for evo's. I'll be interested in that.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

so you want a plate to house the hvac controls in the cubby hole?

we do make intake piping
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the X
so you want a plate to house the hvac controls in the cubby hole?

we do make intake piping
yup, thats exactly what Im looking for... or better yet, a custom molded cubby hole that houses the aforementioned HVAC control unit =) that will be sweet, as most of us would be able to run double din dvd decks =)
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
I am guessing somewhere $150 -$200 would be sweet....at least thats what i would pay if you built them....oh wait i meant $15-$20...hehe
thats alot...

www.tatomotorsport.com has a "similar" blank panel for cheaper.... not flaming just letting u know whats already out there....