Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

IPOD Mounting suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005 | 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

IPOD Mounting suggestions

Hey All,

Does anyone have any pictures of where they mounted their IPOD in their EVO. If you do not know what an IPOD is then do not even reply and SEARCH the web.
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

I bought a headunit with an Aux input In my case Alpine CDA.....check my profile...the bought an Ipod car charger... Clipped the cigarette lighter off and the attached the ground to the screw under the ashray and the postive from the charger I spliced into the radio harness. Next run RCA audion cables to AUX on the headunit and Viola you got a dock you can clip the ipod in and play through the speakers w/o a Fm modulator. I can post pics of the dock tomorrow
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

So it's in your ashtray? I think I need pics.

I personally was going the same route with teh Alpine Headunit (why go any other way) and was planning on mounting/stashing the iPOD in the little cubby/change holder by the drivers left thigh.

-M
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yea the dock just sits there I was gonna custom mount it but kinda need the cash for now. Basically though I did the Ainet thingy w/o the actual ipod.. did it before it came out.

Mine is an Ainet plug for a CD changer that has RCA female ends the bought a RCA to headphone juck for the back of the dock... Works out real good b/c you just pot it in and you done plus t charges it. instead of fideling with all the wires I will post a pic in the afternoon when I get to work.
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 05:58 PM

i bought an alpine unit also and the ipod conversion box. just hook the ipod up and it charges automatically with the data sent thru the box to the head unit. i stashed the box in the hollow spot directly under the center console if you're looking at the ashtray, straight ahead is the console cover...directly behind that is where the ainet box is resting inside the console paneling) and ran the iPod cable up thru to the glovebox. outta sight.

if you go this route and currently don't like using playlists, you will soon. searching thru 40gb of tracks is tedious with the head unit.

Last edited by bugula; Jan 19, 2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

bugula can u show us what u did?
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

i used this fm transponder in mine, works great, looks great
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 06:20 PM

dammit...walked out to the car in the snow and the stupid camera doesn't have enough juice to use the flash. i'll try to describe it...take a look at the side of the center console from the passenger side (under the glove box). i just pulled the panelling off (2 pieces) and found a hollow area (directly underneath stereo/climate areas). the ainet box fit perfectly in there along with the tied up excess wiring. the ipod charger cable runs up from here to the glovebox and the ainet cable goes straight up to the head unit. so when i open the glove, i just grab the docking plug, hook up the ipod and close the glove.
Old Jan 19, 2005 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

just used the belt clip that came with it.. modified slightly with some heavy duty double sided tape to keep it in place. works great as the AUX input with my pioneer HU.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

I have the AINet thing as well, and I just have the cable routed to come out in the empty space below the radio (if you don't have a radio relocation dealio.) iPod fits in there nicely with the plug in it, and it's easy to get to as I'm always taking it in and out of the car.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Here's mine.

Another:

Click here for more.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

^sorry, but that looks kinda hokey if u ask me
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

They sell a Ipod holder which fits into a cup holder.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

I made a custom holder in the change bin. All I do is slide the ipod in and it clicks right in and close the door.
Old Jan 20, 2005 | 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

I woull ove to see that

Quick Reply: IPOD Mounting suggestions